Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My $33K Paper Weight...

Old 02-23-2012, 09:04 PM
SprintGeek
1st Gear Member

You need to contact FoMoCo directly. They have a help number;

Ford Motor Company
800-392-FORD (3673)

Most manufacturers have a channel to help you with resolving issues or a dud. The issues you are experiencing are unusual, and Ford had done a lot to ensure the quality of their product for several years now. If you bought an 80's or early 90's ride, i wouldent be supprised, but Ford is doing a good job lately. Get them directly involved.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM
YellowBlaze

Thanks SprintGeek.. I had asked the service tech for a corporate number and he gave me 800-241-FORD.. but when going through the appropriate phone tree.. the path I needed ended in a message saying it was a "disconnected line".. thanks for that FORD!..
Old 02-23-2012, 09:16 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I would definitely look into the lemon law. I probably wouldn't want to keep driving that car around after basically multiple engine replacements, and what sounds like just massive replacements of everything hoping they happen to pick what the problem is by luck.

I'd want a brand new car.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:44 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
I would definitely look into the lemon law. I probably wouldn't want to keep driving that car around after basically multiple engine replacements, and what sounds like just massive replacements of everything hoping they happen to pick what the problem is by luck.

I'd want a brand new car.
^ I agree with this. It seems HIGHLY unlikely that so many problems would occur within this short amount of time. I would bet it is the dealer that is giving you the issues by not installing parts correctly. Check the lemon law, make a big fuss over it and get yourself a refund or a new car. I feel for you and hope something positive comes out of this situation. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Holdembrett

Defenitly check out the lemon law . I believe it is 3 trips to dealer with same issue on vehicle . A gf had a problem in the nintys and it was 3 times for same issue back then good luck and keep your head up .
Old 02-23-2012, 10:50 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

That's an awfully big paperweight..
Old 02-23-2012, 11:02 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

The reality of it is, most likely only one single part of that list is defective. Something is reading something one way, reporting it to the computer a different way, and the car is adjusting to compensate. As designed. However its a faulty signal to begin with, so that makes your engine run out of spec, hence you blowing motors. More investigation should have been done on the first motor to try to find out what the part is.

The problem is its hard to troubleshoot. They plug the tuner in. The computer says, yep, everything is running as it should. They drop a new motor in it and send you on your way. When they find the right part, it will be that simple, thats why there taking the shotgun to it, and just throwing everypart at it that could mess with air/fuel and timing.

What they should really do is ignore the computer, throw the dam thing on the dyno, and data log some pulls with air/fuel, timing, knock sensors, see what is actualy going on, not just what the computer THINKS is going on.

They are becoming less of "mechanics" more, "hook up the computer and swap the expected part."
Old 02-23-2012, 11:21 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Flat out I would talk to a lawyer and see about getting me a new car. You said you saved for years you worked for it. It should be right. Imean you can expect small problems but this is stupid

I might give ford their chance but it seems like you have already tried with them enough
Old 02-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

if you are going to make them give you a new car may i suggest a 2013 gt500 with the new trinity engine, i think thats fair for all you have been though.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:10 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

OP - this is the first I've seen someone saying these problems are occurring on the boards, so this is not common. I'm sorry for your troubles but I hope Ford can find the root cause and get your car in good running condition soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My $33K Paper Weight...