Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My $33K Paper Weight...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

I agree with JD, either a sensor or the EMC has a problem that the dealer could have found if he had looked at more than the computer. They will not do this twice. I know the wait is painful, but you will forget all about it after the first big burnout!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:22 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kput
That's an awfully big paperweight..
Just think of how much paper that bad boy can hold down though...
Old 02-24-2012, 09:36 AM
SoCalGT08

Originally Posted by JDWalton
The reality of it is, most likely only one single part of that list is defective. Something is reading something one way, reporting it to the computer a different way, and the car is adjusting to compensate. As designed. However its a faulty signal to begin with, so that makes your engine run out of spec, hence you blowing motors. More investigation should have been done on the first motor to try to find out what the part is.

The problem is its hard to troubleshoot. They plug the tuner in. The computer says, yep, everything is running as it should. They drop a new motor in it and send you on your way. When they find the right part, it will be that simple, thats why there taking the shotgun to it, and just throwing everypart at it that could mess with air/fuel and timing.

What they should really do is ignore the computer, throw the dam thing on the dyno, and data log some pulls with air/fuel, timing, knock sensors, see what is actualy going on, not just what the computer THINKS is going on.

They are becoming less of "mechanics" more, "hook up the computer and swap the expected part."

EXACTLY.......hard to find a real mechcanic nowadays.......mostly just "Parts Changers"
Old 02-24-2012, 09:39 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SoCalGT08
EXACTLY.......hard to find a real mechcanic nowadays.......mostly just "Parts Changers"
Yup. That sounds like what they are doing too, keep swapping out parts until they get the right one.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:05 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SprintGeek
You need to contact FoMoCo directly. They have a help number;

Ford Motor Company
800-392-FORD (3673)

Most manufacturers have a channel to help you with resolving issues or a dud. The issues you are experiencing are unusual, and Ford had done a lot to ensure the quality of their product for several years now. If you bought an 80's or early 90's ride, i wouldent be supprised, but Ford is doing a good job lately. Get them directly involved.

The customer service people were pretty much WORTHLESS when I was having problems with my '06 GT. The customer service and Ford service dept were so useless I ended up just getting rid of the car and getting an '07. I know how you feel about having a new car that you can't drive. It does sound like you are the 1 in however many thousands who get the bad lemon. At this point I would just want to get rid of it. Personally I would look into trading it for another one at another dealership that doesn't know the problems you've been having. There are lots of good discounts on '12's now and maybe you have enough equity since you said you put a good down payment on it.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:09 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Get rid of it if you can. Find a new dealer if possible for future service too.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:56 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

I'll tell you the phycological problems can be hard to recover from.

My mom has an 09 Bullitt that spent the first two months of its life at the dealer. The car had a bad transmission but FORD, yes FORD MO CO kept pushing back. Insisting the dealer swap out every part but the transmission. Even so far as sending an engineer on site. The Engineer got in a fight with there service team and quit!!!!

Long story short after swapping out every other part, they swapped out the transmission and the car has ran great since.

My mother on the other hand will not agree. I have driven it, seen it run, installed parts on it myself. The car is great. 100% flawless. She can not get over the mind game though. ANYTHING the car does out of what she preceives is how it should be, now triggers a panic attack in her and she things the car is gonna die. Shes put at least 10K into the car making it "bullit proof" and is about to drop a forged assembly in it and everything.

If you see yourself in the same boat, not being able to move on, pursue a lemon law.

If you think you will be fine and once it is fixed be able to drive it like it never happened (it will eventualy be fixed) then let them keep working.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:37 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

http://forums.themustangsource.com/m...ervice-111098/

OP, you could try contacting Deysha at the link provided. She seems to have good results helping owners resolve issues. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by YellowBlaze
My experience with my new mustang has been an absolute horror. If anyone could relate, comment or advise on what I should do, I would appreciate it.......
That will put me at over 30 days my car out of commission.. should I be thankful they are paying for my Focus Rental while I make payments on my GT?
..... but I really doubt Ford will care... Thanks!
Originally Posted by YellowBlaze
If Ford customer service actually does read this, I would love to hear what they have to say... is my problem unique? or is this happening across the country?
Hey YellowBlaze,

I care! I care a lot!

Give me and the Customer Service Manager in your area the chance to turn this into the great experience you desire. Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact to begin the process.

BTW - It's a pleasure to meet you!

Originally Posted by Roy_R
Noemi from Ford customer service monitor this forum and will pickup this post shortly...hopefully there can be a good ending to this story..........
Originally Posted by SprintGeek
You need to contact FoMoCo directly. They have a help number;Ford Motor Company 800-392-FORD (3673)......The issues you are experiencing are unusual, and Ford had done a lot to ensure the quality of their product for several years now.....Get them directly involved.
Roy_R & SprintGeek,

Thanks for the shout out and advice to our fellow posters. It's appreciated. Let me know if I can be of assistance to anyone else.

Originally Posted by wcgman
......I'm sorry for your troubles but I hope Ford can find the root cause and get your car in good running condition soon.
Hello wcgman,

Thanks for helping the OP.

We'll do our best to rectify the concerns. If you see anyone else who may have any issues that need to be addressed, please don't hesitate to bring it to my attention.

Originally Posted by JDWalton
I'll tell you the phycological problems can be hard to recover from........
Long story short after swapping out every other part, they swapped out the transmission and the car has ran great since.
My mother on the other hand will not agree. I have driven it, seen it run, installed parts on it myself. The car is great. 100% flawless. She can not get over the mind game though. ANYTHING the car does out of what she preceives is how it should be, now triggers a panic attack in her and she things the car is gonna die.......
If you think you will be fine and once it is fixed be able to drive it like it never happened (it will eventualy be fixed) then let them keep working.
JDWalton,

Oy Vey!

Give me a shout out if anything else occurs. Calm mothers in our lives are a must.

Originally Posted by White05GT
.......OP, you could try contacting Deysha at the link provided. She seems to have good results helping owners resolve issues. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Hey White05GT,

Thanks for the Deysha recommendation. She is awesome at getting results.

Take care everyone and have a relaxing weekend!

Noemi
Old 02-24-2012, 04:41 PM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

this sounds alot like another ford forum. f150forum.com. it has over 67 pages of complaints. my 2011 fx4 f150 has the driveline shudder and these trucks are $40,000+!!

Last edited by 07vbluestang; 02-26-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply: My $33K Paper Weight...