Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 GTCS, possibly too much car for me to handle...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 03:11 AM
MajorVegasV2

Default 2012 GTCS, possibly too much car for me to handle...

This is my first official car. In the past I shared a ford raptor with my father but i didn't actually own the car i would just drive it around occasionally. However this thread will just be a log of my stupid misadventures of me getting this primo car as my first.

To begin i would like to state that i am open to hear anyones opinions and ideas for anything be as inexperienced as i am. Oh and i will be posting pictures soon. And If you have any ideas for modifications I currently am generating enough income to actually do something to it.

Specs of the Car
Mustang GT
Califorina Special
Custom Ordered (nothing real special on it though just no stock for proper mustangs in Las Vegas)
Automatic
5.0L Ti-VCT V-8 Engine
5.0L (302 cu.in)
Horse Power: Regular Fuel: 402 @ 6,500, Premium Fuel: 412 @ 6,500
Torque: Regular Fuel: 377@4250, Premium Fuel: 390 @ 4,250
Sticker Price: ~39000
Paid: ~32000

On February 22 I actually received my car. I have been waiting close to around 2.5 months now for it. I placed an order for it around december and was supposed to arrive in January but the dealer screwed the order up a couple of times and then they had to restart the process when the navigation system issue arose. So I received it today with little to no warning just me dad dragging me the 40 minutes to the dealer then telling me that we were going to pick up the car at 7. And at 8:30 we actually drove out of there because they were having issues with the detailing. However they did a really awful job forgetting to remove the plastic bits on some of the seats and trying to wash it with a coconut wash which drowned out the new car smell we all love. If you live in the Las Vegas area DO NOT BUY FROM SAL unless you know how to handle major pains like him.

However the car IS the nicest thing i have ever driven. The handling is just amazing and growing up learning how to drive big cars (we have an escalade and a raptor) this smaller car was just such a relief. I actually had to get this car because i can't learn to park the raptor. But the acceleration compared to anything i have driven was phenomenal. I just really disappointed that there was traffic and a speed trap on the way home or i would have let loose.
Let me just tell you as well that i drove the stock, the gt and the gtcs and the gtcs it just downright smooth, they have this different shock system and braking system that allows for sharper smoother braking and turning that it DAMN fine. If you can buy the Cali Special DO IT. I have driven a ton of different cars and the only car that is even close to how smooth this is the Bugatti Quadriporte and that is a little too steep for anyone i know and it not as good. I don't care what the sticker price says. So it was a very successful day for me also because i didn't kill my self.

P.S. when they handed me the keys the odometer said 16, it now its at 58.2. i have been having little bit of a joy ride.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:14 AM
JasonBourne

good choice on the automatic, now you can have one hand on your steering wheel and 1 hand on your girls **** like me
Old 02-24-2012, 03:15 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

well if its to much just send it over to me.
Sounds like a pretty sexy car, we need them pics before anything else can be said
Old 02-24-2012, 03:35 AM
MajorVegasV2

The Pictures should be uploaded to my garage now, but if you are really impatient just search 2012 GTCS white in google. Oh and if you see the ones in my garage i need to use something better than an iPhone camera.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

We tell everyone we want pics. We wanna see the new guys pics not just google some random car we don't know. We would feel so dirty.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:27 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

1 question? How old are you?

My advice...take a HPDE course. High Performance Driver Education. Learn how to handle it, park it, everything.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:50 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the new ride friend! I would say keep your TCS engaged for now. It's pretty forgiving and allows for some spirited driving at the same time. Other than that, I'd say have fun and maybe figure out how to roll up a mattress in the back with the rear seats down cuz all the 'poon thats comin your way!!! lol
Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonBourne
good choice on the automatic, now you can have one hand on your steering wheel and 1 hand on your girls **** like me
If I've said it once, I've said it a 1000 times. Without pics, it didnt happen.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:04 AM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MajorVegasV2
Let me just tell you as well that i drove the stock, the gt and the gtcs and the gtcs it just downright smooth, they have this different shock system and braking system that allows for sharper smoother braking and turning that it DAMN fine. If you can buy the Cali Special DO IT.
When did they start upgrading the CS other than looks? Did a quick google and I can't find anything on this, anyone else got info?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:12 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gmoran1469
When did they start upgrading the CS other than looks? Did a quick google and I can't find anything on this, anyone else got info?

The only thing I can think of is he must have test driven a brembo pkg before test driving the CS, The brembo cars don't ride as smooth as the rest.

Quick Reply: 2012 GTCS, possibly too much car for me to handle...