Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totaled..

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang0672
That is one of the options he is considering...he really wants a cobra.
If he isn't looking for a DD, I'd say get a 1st or second generation Mustang and start taking it back to stock.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:28 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Hey - so I am of the "older" generation and I have a somewhat unique perspective about you younger generations as you'd say. I used to teach.

Having said that, yeah, there's a lot of you little b@stiches runnin around with a silver spoon in your mouth.

But get this. It's no frickin different than the older generation was. In my day there were just as many kids driving around in camaro's and mustangs, etc... as there are now. BMW's and Audis were different back then and there were very few of them. If you drove one, you were considered a bit light in the loafers if you catch my drift. With that, there are just as many kids in the current generation willing to work for what they have rather than Mom and Pop buyin them a car...just like back in the old days. Only one friend of mine got a car given to her, everyone else had part time jobs, etc...

So you guys here who work regardless of your age and know you've earned your car and support yourself, you deserve a pat on the back. I'd ask that you not stereotype the older guys on here either as "old guys think we're fat and lazy." No...I'm fat and lazy and regardless of what you think now, you will be too in 20 years just like I did and the other 99% of the guys my age. But you will still work for what you have then as you do now and then you'll talk smack about the younger generation. It's the way of the world. Now get off my lawn.

PS - I'm really glad your brother is okay. It's too bad about the car, but accidents can and do happen and car's get replaced every day. Brothers don't.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:57 AM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Hey - so I am of the "older" generation and I have a somewhat unique perspective about you younger generations as you'd say. I used to teach.

Having said that, yeah, there's a lot of you little b@stiches runnin around with a silver spoon in your mouth.

But get this. It's no frickin different than the older generation was. In my day there were just as many kids driving around in camaro's and mustangs, etc... as there are now. BMW's and Audis were different back then and there were very few of them. If you drove one, you were considered a bit light in the loafers if you catch my drift. With that, there are just as many kids in the current generation willing to work for what they have rather than Mom and Pop buyin them a car...just like back in the old days. Only one friend of mine got a car given to her, everyone else had part time jobs, etc...

So you guys here who work regardless of your age and know you've earned your car and support yourself, you deserve a pat on the back. I'd ask that you not stereotype the older guys on here either as "old guys think we're fat and lazy." No...I'm fat and lazy and regardless of what you think now, you will be too in 20 years just like I did and the other 99% of the guys my age. But you will still work for what you have then as you do now and then you'll talk smack about the younger generation. It's the way of the world. Now get off my lawn.

PS - I'm really glad your brother is okay. It's too bad about the car, but accidents can and do happen and car's get replaced every day. Brothers don't.
That is very true....thanks for the concern.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:04 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Speaking of wrecks, didnt your brother wreck his vette? Whatever happened in the end with that?

Also...your ride just keeps looking better and better everytime I see it. No racing in that, okay? You wreck that we're all going to be sad to see that car getting scratched Race your Dad's cars
wcgman asked, I forgot to update this thread.
The insurance adjuster came out to look at the car and did all he needed to do. The only thing he didn't do was since the battery was disconnected the window on the door that he opened wouldn't roll back up which ended up getting the whole interior soaked the next day by rain. The car had a mold like smell when we last saw it. Insurance called us and told him it was totaled and that it was 10k to buy it back. My brother kindly declined that offer and got the check. He got the car for a steal to begin with so he only owed 16k. They paid off the 16k and gave him a check for almost 15k. He went around searching for the next car he wanted and he was leaning towards a corvette but he stopped at a ford dealer to look around and instantly fell in love with a 2008 Mustang GT sitting on the lot that was just traded in a week earlier. The car has a bassani exhaust setup on it...aftermarket headers, and tons more. He really fell in love with it just because of the sound. He also wanted to get rid of the payment from owning a corvette and basically almost paid cash for the stang. The dealer originally wanted 19k for the car but gave a 16k cash price. He paid 8k down and is paying a small payment for the rest to build his credit up. He said 3/4 years down the road he will be trading the car in for another corvette but for right now with him going off to college that he didn't need a corvette just for some jealous idiots to f it up. The mustang only has 35k miles so he got a steal on it.

Per the writing about my car. Hell no, there is no racing in it. You should see how protective I am of that car in real life. I won't let my brother touch it because he likes to whip around corners and tear up tires, etc. Bad thing is, 1 week into owning the car when we bought it we parked it in a Sports authority parking lot and some dip**** rammed his door into it. Had to have the whole door shell replaced. If my car ever gets wrecked I am just going to kick someones ***...especially my *** If the wreck was my fault. May just be a V6 to most, but it is much more to me. I will leave the racing for my 1983 5.0 fox body.