Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well Guys, Today Was a Bad Day

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 11:41 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Default Well Guys, Today Was a Bad Day

I hit a curb, and I hit it hard. Hard enough to jack something up and I don't really know if either wheel is repairable. Good news is, I didn't jack up anything on the brand new bumper or rocker panels. Bad news is I jacked up something else, I don't know whether it's the wheel itself, bearing, caliper, or rotor, but on each revolution I can hear a squeak; exactly where I don't know, I'm too upset with myself to go find out right now even if I had a jack/lift to figure it out on my own. The front wheel is gouged 50% on the outer edge, and the back almost 100%. Also, a good tear in the sidewall of my BRAND NEW Nitto 555 is apparent, on the bright side it's not leaking air. Girlfriend is gonna give me ride to work in the morning, I feel like if I drive the car I'm going to throw up. Nothing I can really do about it right now, I'm too broke to afford a good meal much less two new rims.
Something bad always happens to me on Halloween every year, and this year was the worst. I can't stand when something goes wrong on my car, and when it's my fault it just makes it that much worse. Pics of the damage, let me know yall's assessment, happy Halloween.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

WTF did you do that for??
Old 11-01-2013, 12:09 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roy_R
Damn man, that's really helpful. Thank you.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:05 AM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Man that sucks, I'am pretty sure your going to need a front alignment now and when you remove your rim that's damaged check the inside of the tire for any damage. I hit a curb pretty bad in my old Malibu with 18's on it and the inside had a lot stress rips (kind of looked liked stretch marks) along the inside were the tire meets the rim, and were unrepairable and dangerous plus needed alignment too.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:09 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roy_R
Yeah because He totally meant to **** up his rims/tires...asshat.

Man that's horrific, I did so myself a few weeks ago, only tagged the rear wheel but caught it all the way around. Almost threw up, I'm the same way about my car, things happening is one thing but when I cause them I nearly go mental. The first thing I'd check would be the Rotors, The rim itself can most certainly be repaired unless it is warped (Doesn't look so in images). Tire slash isn't horrible But I would not advise driving "spiritedly" with that. I'm in the same boat with cash, Strapped E3 Making what the government thinks is right, when it came to my rims being messed up I honestly ended up Plasti-dipping them to get rid of the Rash. It make me feel a little better about how it looked, even if I'm not a black Wheel fan. Sorry to hear about you're bad luck brother! Things will get better!
Old 11-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Glad you're okay. May want to put her on a lift and make sure everythings ok.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:49 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

I'll 2nd that lift. At least your ok. It's been "Raining down in Texas" like Stevie Ray Vaugh wrote about years ago. Cruzin Concepts has a sale on rims, where did you get those Lorenzo's? They may need replacing. Thanks for your service. Semper Fi!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:08 AM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

Tire is toast. Rim is toast. I'd suspect a bent front strut depending on how hard it actually hit and angle of the blow. Sorry, but this is not going to be cheap to fix IMO. Unless you half-*** it, of course.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:09 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
I hit a curb, and I hit it hard. Hard enough to jack something up and I don't really know if either wheel is repairable. Good news is, I didn't jack up anything on the brand new bumper or rocker panels. Bad news is I jacked up something else, I don't know whether it's the wheel itself, bearing, caliper, or rotor, but on each revolution I can hear a squeak; exactly where I don't know, I'm too upset with myself to go find out right now even if I had a jack/lift to figure it out on my own. The front wheel is gouged 50% on the outer edge, and the back almost 100%. Also, a good tear in the sidewall of my BRAND NEW Nitto 555 is apparent, on the bright side it's not leaking air. Girlfriend is gonna give me ride to work in the morning, I feel like if I drive the car I'm going to throw up. Nothing I can really do about it right now, I'm too broke to afford a good meal much less two new rims.
Something bad always happens to me on Halloween every year, and this year was the worst. I can't stand when something goes wrong on my car, and when it's my fault it just makes it that much worse. Pics of the damage, let me know yall's assessment, happy Halloween.
Oh NO!!! I did the same exact thing to my '02 GT a few years back. It sucks, but will be repairable.

I was lucky and my front just needed a new wheel and realignment. As for the back. I also had a squeak on every revolution. I changed everything relating to the wheel, brakes, and piston. This did not fix the problem. It was still there. I finally put the car up on jack stands and idled the car in 1st gear to confirm that I had bent the axle. The wheel will show a noticeable wobble when the car is jacked up with wheel spinning. I would bet that you did the same thing. Make sure to buy Moser axles or OEM replacements. I made the mistake of buying cheaper axles and the torque to the wheels bent them after a week, so I had to re-do all of that work. While you're in the rear axle tube, change the gears! Its not all bad news
Old 11-01-2013, 08:09 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I got the Lorezos with the car, they still sell them reasonably priced on their website. The squeak goes away when I put my foot on the brakes, so I think it's got something to do with the caliper or rotor. The front rim is probably bent, and the back tire is probably trashed. I'm gonna get them on a balancer tomorrow and confirm that, right now I can't even look at the car, I actually threw up, couldn't sleep last night. These things happen sometimes, I just really needed my car to be 100% right now, I have two big job interviews next week.

Quick Reply: Well Guys, Today Was a Bad Day