Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006's In Stock - $$ Seems HIGH!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 02:19 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 2006's In Stock - $$ Seems HIGH!

ORIGINAL: Ginstang

sowaxeman...I like your grill too..that is something different..you have the fog lights but they are close to the regular lights..that is awesome along with the ground affects..

Gin
He has a saleen, it comes like that, it is not a regular GT.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

Ok i was wondering about those dealers and felt I had nothing better to do....
Called the Ford dealer in pittsburg and spoke to the Salesmanager and he told he that they only get 2 GTs a month and he will not give the Stang Gt at Invoice or X-Plan.....What he said he will do is give you X-plan on a V6 but not a V8 because they are so hard to get,but he will give yea $100 off of the sticker...
Now the Sun State ford in Florida and yes they do have a few 2006 stang Gts and the salesmanager told me that they will NOT take X-Plan pricing.......so i asked him what is he getting for his Stang Gts and he said $3000 over sticker.....
Now instead of just looking on the net and finding Gts,you are going to have to call them up too and not say that they are on their lots waiting to be pickedup CHEAP.
So I see that there are really no big deals on the Stang gts,,,,,,,,,,,but you might find one if yea are lucky as I did,and don't beleave they they are giving these things away like some people would like you to think...JohnnyT
Old 09-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

does anybody of a picture of the v-6
ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Not a real fan of the grille on the V6's.. the fog lamps seem a bit on the feminine side, but that's just me.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:34 PM
drmustang

ORIGINAL: Johnnytuinals

Ok i was wondering about those dealers and felt I had nothing better to do....
Called the Ford dealer in pittsburg and spoke to the Salesmanager and he told he that they only get 2 GTs a month and he will not give the Stang Gt at Invoice or X-Plan.....What he said he will do is give you X-plan on a V6 but not a V8 because they are so hard to get,but he will give yea $100 off of the sticker...
Now the Sun State ford in Florida and yes they do have a few 2006 stang Gts and the salesmanager told me that they will NOT take X-Plan pricing.......so i asked him what is he getting for his Stang Gts and he said $3000 over sticker.....
Now instead of just looking on the net and finding Gts,you are going to have to call them up too and not say that they are on their lots waiting to be pickedup CHEAP.
So I see that there are really no big deals on the Stang gts,,,,,,,,,,,but you might find one if yea are lucky as I did,and don't beleave they they are giving these things away like some people would like you to think...JohnnyT
OK, I'm convinced. Mr. Honest Car Salesmen told you no good deals because they are tough to find. The place you called in Florida showed a total of 15 new GTs in stock 4 days ago! They get $3,000 over. Sure they do. They get it from everyone except you. You were lucky and got a great deal.
If these cars are so scarce and command these crazy prices then why do 05 GTs only bring 21K wholesale(auction)? Why would they even be sold at an auction?
Old 09-17-2005, 10:16 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

does anybody of a picture of the v-6
ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Not a real fan of the grille on the V6's.. the fog lamps seem a bit on the feminine side, but that's just me.

Fog lamps are a bit too small for my taste. And that pony should be free!
Old 09-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

Well I have been reading from other sites that Stang Gts in Calif and some other parts of the country they are making up the stang gts over Sticker,even in my area they want over sticker at most dealers......I am sure there are many Dealers that will sell the car at MSRP or a bit under with no problems....
And yes Sun State Ford has many stang Gts and by what the salesmanager says that they want $3000 over Sticker.(call them and find out for yourself),they are SC*M trying to mark them up so high.
But mosts dealers have many 2006 V6s but no Gts,,,,,,,,Just in my area out of 20 dealers maybe 3 have GTs.....Its still early in the year so maybe more Gts will show up.It looks like its going to be the same numbers as last years Gts.I would never bye a stang gt at sticker{but I got a deal}Otherwise i would still be waiting at the first dealer at X-Plan that i had......johnnyT
Still C/U at first dealer as of 09/16/05(scr*w that dealer)
Old 09-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

My 05' v6 vert fully loaded after tax and tags with the 6 year/75000mile came to $31,200

I compared it to the gt vert, which fully loaded was $38,500 + tax and tags and the 6year/75000... Would be in th low $40's
I think those 06' prices are about right maybe 2g's higher on the sticker but ballpark.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:48 AM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

Well if Ford makes the same amount of GTs as they did last year i would think the Ford dealers will jackup the prices a bit just like last year.
And the way things look ford are not making more Gts that I can see,unless i am wrong.....
I have been checking my local dealers to see what they have avalable and really no Gts...But many V6s
Maybe they will flood the market next month?Before I bought my 2006 stang gt,I had a order at a local dealer at X-Plan for a GT from 06/29/05...
At July I didnot want a 2005 because I knew the 06s will be in a few months,but there were dealers charging sticker(but not under)
I really thought I would have had a Gt at X-Plan by sept but I guess I was wrong with ordering from a dealer.
I would think if Ford makes as many Gts as they did last year the Resale of these cars will be higher....JohnnyT
Old 09-18-2005, 12:52 AM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

Good luck and enjoy your stang with the wind blowing in your hair............(sorry if you don't have hair lol)...JohnnyT
Old 09-18-2005, 06:40 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kriger

My 05' v6 vert fully loaded after tax and tags with the 6 year/75000mile came to $31,200

I compared it to the gt vert, which fully loaded was $38,500 + tax and tags and the 6year/75000... Would be in th low $40's
I think those 06' prices are about right maybe 2g's higher on the sticker but ballpark.
Damn, my 05 V6 coupe- automatic, shaker500, cloth interior, powerseats, exterior package, spinner rims, 3 year 3,600mi warranty, came out to $24,000 out the door- $22,180 sticker.

Quick Reply: 2006's In Stock - $$ Seems HIGH!