Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006's In Stock - $$ Seems HIGH!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 02:27 AM
StangMan06

Default RE: 2006's In Stock - $$ Seems HIGH!

DrMustang,

First of all, the comment about most types of cars being sold at auction was because you inquired as to why a Mustang GT would even be sold at auction. That's very good of you to point out that the sale of new Escalades at $10,000 below MSRP makes the used ones very cheap, which is why I said it in the first place... Let me try to be a little more clear for you. I'll try to use big-boy words, I'll even make them big to help you understand... USED Escalades are in HIGH demand because of how CHEAP they are, and yet even though they're popular at DEALERSHIPS and sell very well as USED RETAIL vehicles, they're still sold WHOLESALE at auction. There, is that a little easier for you to understand? Need more examples? How about the Chrysler 300-C's? Popular as used vehicles, sold at auction... Remember the Cruisers a few years back when they were commanding thousands of dollars over MSRP? Sold at auction back then, too... Saw a Viper at auction once too, only had 3,000 miles on it. If I'd never heard of the word "repo," I might never have believed my eyes...

I'm very impressed that you know about the black book (which is Manheim, by the way, that name I mentioned in my post, but not being a car guy, you may have missed that), so why don't you walk yourself over to your bi-weekly copy (which probably has the word Manheim on it somewhere) and look up the '05 GT's. I'm not sure where it is that you live, but the value for my region, the ROUGH book value, mind you, is $25,300.00. I'm happy for you that you live in an area where everyone's Mustangs are depreciating so quickly, but down here in the good ol' south they're still bringing in hefty sums at auction.

Hey! Here's an idea... If you can get them for $21,000.00, I suggest you get yourself a truck and haul them on over here, because you'll make a killing at auction! Or, being that I have access to Manheim's on-line listings, why don't you just give me your zip code and I can tell you what the GT's are selling for at auction in your area, just in case you were reading the wrong year or something, those little black books are tiny, and difficult for some people to read.

And of course, whoever JohnnyT talked to at the dealership must have been lying to him. See, it's all a conspiracy to make you think they don't have any Mustangs when there's really 100 of them on the lot! Of course, you saw it on the Internet, and there's no getting by you the fact that it's just a trick, really... By saying they only have a few they know they can drag you in with a promise of little-to-no variety. That's what most customers want. It makes them come running with the warm fuzzy feelings all over of knowing they might not get exactly what they want... See how well it worked for JohnnyT. I'm sure he shot right on over there.

Oh, and thanks for clearing the Hertz thing up, because where you live there must only be national chains of car rental agencies, and so there must not be any independent agencies in the entire U.S.A! Imagine the look of surprise that's gonna be on my face when I bump into that local guy at the auction (the one who's agency's name I couldn't remember, or according to you, never really knew! Ha! Another conspiracy! Muahahahaha!) who CLAIMS to privately own a chain of local rental agencies that rents out Mustang GT's. He must be stealing all of the GT's that he's selling and claiming to own his own place as a clever ruse! Gosh, if he argues with me I'll just ask him to head on over here and you can explain to him how Hertz only rents V6's and he can ask you what that has to do with his agencies, or any of the others across the country that rent GT's but aren't affiliated with a national chain.

And yeah, I appreciate your kind words about my profession, but you're right, being a car salesman isn't for everyone. It's really a shame that you hope to never be one, as it's hard for me to imagine what dealership wouldn't want to hire someone as intelligent and well-informed as you yourself obviously are. I'm sure you will be missed...

I'm a college graduate from the University of Illinois at Champaign/Urbana with a degree in English. I began in the automotive industry at the age of 21 and am now a manager at the age of 23. I make about three times as much as those classmates who went on to teach English, and because I love cars, I love my job. For me, it's a great situation to be in. However, as I said, it's not for everyone.

I did enjoy this though, as it's always nice to see how ignorant my fellow man can be. Rest assured that I wasn't trying to educate everyone, only people who claim to know the industry but in reality only know as little as you do.

But please don't feel like your rambling was a complete waste of time, as from this day forth I will try to incorporate "dude" into my daily vocabulary.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:57 AM
1200bruce
1st Gear Member

Hey they had 2 GT's (one being a convertable) and 4 V-6's in Lewiston Idaho, so I got the wife down there to sit in the coupe and she just loves the "Pony package"! But they were asking $1200 over MSRP, so I'll be buying over this direction![8D] Plus they didn't have any Legend Limes![]
Old 09-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

At the Time I had a 2006 Gt on order at X-Plan pricing and I was surposed to get the First Stang Gt that they got in.But that did not happen even though I had a Priority 10 and the salesmanager said he has allocantions for all the Gts he was getting in.I still call the Fords 800# and see when i would have got the car but I am still C/U as of today lol...when I bought the Stang Gt on Labor weekend I did a search of all Ford Dealers with in 100 miles from me.And 3 dealers only had 3 Gts but lots of V6s,and I also went to a few local dealerships but no GTs to be found, and as of today I really see noooo Gts on dealers lots,but I heard in the South that they have many?
Anyway when the Dealer told me I can get the Gt at Invoice on the phone I didnot run ( kinda got there 2 hours late lol)
But anyway the car didnot have everything I wanted.
I got a Automatic but really wanted Manual trans....(I am glad I didnot get the Manual trans because I hear ford is having problems with them?And I have the same Trans on my 2000 and 03 stang Gts}
Got silver but wanted Black
Also got the shacker1000 but wanted shacker500....
Over all I am very happy and got a great deal as many of the people on this site has also.
So I would feel if you do look around a bit you can get a Stang Gt Under sticker but you will need to look a bit.Some dealers will Give yea the Stang GT at sticker And there are the ones that want OVER sticker.
People think the prices are going to come down when the 2007 Shelby comes out,I thought they would but by looking at the low amounts of Gts that they are making i really don't think they will come down much at all,because most dealers will never see a shelby because they say its limited...But I could be wrong.........JohnnyT
Old 09-28-2005, 06:12 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

I just bought an 06 GT at sticker MSRP..... about 1/3 of the dealers dont have them marked up
if you shop thru their internet dept. So....SHOP ON THE NET....... good luck
Old 09-28-2005, 01:39 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

hey Johnny, im here in the tristate are also, very hard to find a GT, unless its black or auto, im in NY and found mine in westborough Mass. and had to pay sticker, dealer tried for more, what ever beggers cant be chooses, 2006 paid 29, 475 brutal! for my GT.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:59 PM
StangMan06

$26,620.00 for mine. Since I ordered it the sticker had my name at the bottom. MSRP was EXACTLY $30,000.00. Nice round number :-)
Old 09-28-2005, 11:31 PM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

See what happens when yeaaa shop around yea get a good price and not being screwed...JohnnyT
Old 09-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

torch red
1st Gear Member

Status: offline hey Johnny, im here in the tristate are also, very hard to find a GT, unless its black or auto, im in NY and found mine in westborough Mass. and had to pay sticker, dealer tried for more, what ever beggers cant be chooses, 2006 paid 29, 475 brutal! for my GT.

Hey I am glad you are happy with yea car and glad you didnot go over Sticker...
I called a ford dealer in bayshore area a few months ago.
Salesman told me he had nooo Gts in and D. Jeter of the Yankees wanted one.....
As I say don't beleave these dealers because this guy must have smoke some good stuff....JohnnyT
Old 09-30-2005, 04:30 PM
StangMan06

Well, the only reason I got the price I did is because I have an Employee PIN Number