Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:56 AM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

They would look great with a quality tint. Hit us with some pics if you do it!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:15 PM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Margarita Girl
Yes, I have sequential lights and they stay steady after the first sequence when I hit the brakes. If the most annoying thing you see in traffic is taillights then you've got some polite drivers in your city.
those are exactly what I'm talking about. Every time you step on the brake, the lights flash.

And it doesn't speak to the "politeness" of the traffic, just the irritation of the damn sequentials lighting up every time the idiot in front of me steps on the brake pedal. The last time I sat behind that I wanted to rear end him just to make it go away. I was in a company car at the time, though.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Mickson

I think tail light tinting only looks good on a few colors...that being said, I think yours looks good how it is! Leave it and drop some cash on something else, maybe a billet grill?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:31 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Ok, so I was downstairs on my phone looking at threads and happened to start reading through this and felt compelled to express my opinion. I think smoke lights would look amazing on your stang and I in no way believe it's a safety risk to get them tinted or painted (yes, painted). The GTS covers you often see are unsafe and hard to see though. However, purchasing a good tint or having someone that knows what they are doing paint them with a translucent black paint is a great option. My tail lights are probably the darkest lights you'll see and I KNOW they are perfectly safe and visible. Let me add that I have NEVER been pulled over for these and don't see it happening anytime soon. It's simply not a hazard. Here's a photo of them during the day for reference:

Now, when would the tail lights be the least visible? At night, right? Here's a video of them at 1230am:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzJvH...1&feature=plcp

Stevie Wonder could see these when driving behind me.

If you're interested in quality smoked tail lights, look up Smoked_Lights on Ebay. He's willing to negotiate prices and does quality work. I had a body shop tape over the clear on my third brake light I purchased from him and completely ruin the finish (the photo above actually shows the damaged third brake light). Contacted him and no questions asked I sent him my stock light (unpainted) and he resprayed it at no charge to me (body shop didn't know that, lol). I think this is his "official" site.
Same guy did mine, in fact I think I mite have been the one that sent you to him LOL! This guy is a pro at this with quality second to none. If your looking for the best this is the guy to get them from.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:23 PM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd

The lights are going to be easy to see at night because there's that much less interference going on with other light and glare. Daytime is going to be the hardest time to see tail (more importantly, brake) lights through "smoked" lenses, though.

Think about it this way: if you're listening for a pin drop (trying to see a light flash), when would it be easier? When a freight train is passing by, with lots of audio-interference (at daytime)? Or when there's no other sound going on?
Old 03-16-2012, 03:49 PM
OrangeandBlue32

I looked him up on ebay and cant find any tint for 05-09 mustangs?
Old 03-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Hamhole
1st Gear Member

Old 03-16-2012, 04:28 PM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hamhole
OP, that's what you should go with!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Mickson

essayons- I love your centercap. Was it easy to get on? was getting the old one off easy?
Old 03-16-2012, 04:33 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Do tinting, not covers and dont go too dark, for your own safety.

Quick Reply: Opinions on tail lights