Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed my beautiful car (TL;DR at the bottom)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:54 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Glad things are turning out ok thus far and good to see that your car will be fixed and looker fresher than ever. Hang in there bud ;0)
Old 03-14-2012, 07:11 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

OP:

No, the driver you hit cannot sue you after this. If they try to, simply call your insurance company and they will handle it. The only way they could pursue you personally is if the damages exceed your property damage/injury limits (in a single car accident with a Kia, you'll have no issues with that)

Second, what part of Virginia are you in? What shop is the car at? What you need to be concerned with is how the car looks when it's done. I used to tell customers that the grand total is simply a number to be negotiated between the shop and the insurance company, what the customer needs to be concerned with is that all their concerns have been addressed. If that's taken care of, you should be good to go.

Just take a good look at the car when you pick it up, look at the body lines, the paint match. Hopefully everything comes out great for you
Old 03-14-2012, 07:16 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Hopefully it's not one of their "Preferred shops"... I have seen horrors coming out of those.
And yes, they can't sue you personally. That's what Insurance is for.
Good luck.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:51 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Accidents suck. Glad to hear you were not hurt. Fix the car better like Wade did.
That's the plan. I'm waiting on a call to see how much the front fascia is. Maybe they will claim that it'll be another $1,100 so I can get a Roush front.

How do you guys think that will look if I got a Roush front with the 3" Cowl hood?

Originally Posted by essayons
No, the driver you hit cannot sue you after this. If they try to, simply call your insurance company and they will handle it. The only way they could pursue you personally is if the damages exceed your property damage/injury limits (in a single car accident with a Kia, you'll have no issues with that)
That is excellent news. I love this forum so much, even though I don't contribute that much.

Second, what part of Virginia are you in? What shop is the car at? What you need to be concerned with is how the car looks when it's done. I used to tell customers that the grand total is simply a number to be negotiated between the shop and the insurance company, what the customer needs to be concerned with is that all their concerns have been addressed. If that's taken care of, you should be good to go.

Just take a good look at the car when you pick it up, look at the body lines, the paint match. Hopefully everything comes out great for you
I am in Northern VA, near Manassas. The shop is Collision Pro, and it's not a "Nationwide preferred shop". My mom has had her Mustang taken over there twice when her car got completely smashed. I swear, her car is an accident magnet. So, I've seen the work they do first hand, and I am very pleased. Everything came back looking brand new, paint included. You can't even tell my mom's car was in an accident, and her car is Red Fire. So I figure my silver will be easier to paint and color match.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

+1 on if she tries to sue you, you call your insurance company and they lawyer up on your behalf and you don't get the penalty.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Hopefully it's not one of their "Preferred shops"... I have seen horrors coming out of those.
In the interest of keeping a fair opinion across the forum, you'll see bad work come out of any shop under the sun, no matter who recommends them. I would, however, trust my insurance adjuster (the person who has most likely been in the business long enough to know good shops and bad ones), over a dealer with financial ties to a particular shop (their own), or a friend who had one good experience somewhere a while ago, but really knows nothing about his car other than the fact that it has four wheels and an engine.

The benefit of using an insurance preferred shop is that the insurance company and the shop guarantee the work for the life of the car.

I know of very few non-networked shops that offer the same guarantee (actually, I can only think of one in the area I used to work).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but just remember that every shop has problem cars.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

I spent a week in Woodbridge, Va during my R&R. What's up with that area, the week I was there, i've seen like 4 accidents involving Mustangs ;0)
Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

I would, however, trust my insurance adjuster (the person who has most likely been in the business long enough to know good shops and bad ones), over a dealer with financial ties to a particular shop (their own), or a friend who had one good experience somewhere a while ago, but really knows nothing about his car other than the fact that it has four wheels and an engine.

The benefit of using an insurance preferred shop is that the insurance company and the shop guarantee the work for the life of the car.

I know of very few non-networked shops that offer the same guarantee (actually, I can only think of one in the area I used to work).
Yesterday I talked with my adjuster and he seemed like a really nice guy. He said he has dealt with this collision center before, and liked the work they did. I just happen to go there since I drove my mom's Mustang before and after all the accidents and it still drives/looks new.

The collision center has their own guarantee and it's for the life of the car.

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
I spent a week in Woodbridge, Va during my R&R. What's up with that area, the week I was there, i've seen like 4 accidents involving Mustangs ;0)
This place is horrible and i'm sorry you had to experience it. I have to drive to Ft. Belvoir everyday and I fear for my car everyday.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:16 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007StangV6
That's the plan. I'm waiting on a call to see how much the front fascia is. Maybe they will claim that it'll be another $1,100 so I can get a Roush front.

How do you guys think that will look if I got a Roush front with the 3" Cowl hood?

That is excellent news. I love this forum so much, even though I don't contribute that much.

I am in Northern VA, near Manassas. The shop is Collision Pro, and it's not a "Nationwide preferred shop". My mom has had her Mustang taken over there twice when her car got completely smashed. I swear, her car is an accident magnet. So, I've seen the work they do first hand, and I am very pleased. Everything came back looking brand new, paint included. You can't even tell my mom's car was in an accident, and her car is Red Fire. So I figure my silver will be easier to paint and color match.
I wouldn't worry about it anymore. You'll get your car fixed and the insurance will handle the other party. Let me know where in VA you end up taking your car. I live in Arlington and it never hurts to know of a good shop...
Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chain1
I wouldn't worry about it anymore. You'll get your car fixed and the insurance will handle the other party. Let me know where in VA you end up taking your car. I live in Arlington and it never hurts to know of a good shop...
I'm not worried about it, just wish I could speed up time so I can get everything back. Then again, i'm enjoying driving my old beater truck everyday. Makes me feel like i'm back in high school again. Haha.

The shop is called Collision Pro. Not sure if I'm allowed to give an address, but I will anyway:

14013 Telegraph Road
Woodbridge, VA 22192

When I get my car back, i'll post pictures to see if you like them. I personally do since i've seen it first hand. I honestly wouldn't go anywhere else.

Quick Reply: Crashed my beautiful car (TL;DR at the bottom)