Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed my beautiful car (TL;DR at the bottom)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:49 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by roadpilot
ANYBODY can sue ANYBODY for ANYTHING, so your statement is incorrect. And you still have to spend $$ to defend yourself, even if you are not at fault.
That's BS my good Sir, check your facts!
WHAT DO WE NEED INSURANCE POLICIES FOR ALREADY?????
Among other things, to be protected for the very thing you just mentioned, yo!
Ever asked yourself why the Feds passed a law that requires that every driver gets a minimum coverage?

If you break the law and cause a wreck while not covered, they go after your @ss and rightly so.

Last edited by pascal; 03-26-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:23 AM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

Preying to god this never happens to me. Hope it works out, op. and to the kia driver...........karma is a biotch!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:10 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

I really wanted to give an update for everyone, but nothing much has changed. The collision center has torn my car down and now they are waiting for the insurance adjuster to look over the car again to see if it needs anything else.

That was last week and he still hasn't been out there. It's starting to get on my nerves. He never answers his phone, but yesterday he did call me back. Said he was going to try to make it out there before noon. I have been telling the collision center to call me as soon as he walks through that door.

I have yet to receive a phone call from them. I'll call them later today to see what's going on.

On the other hand, i'm sure my truck is happy that i'm driving it again. I forgot that it got fantastic gas mileage. I'm only filling up once a week, where as in my mustang, I was lasting only 3 or 4 days. I'm sod glad I didn't get rid of that truck.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:03 AM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007StangV6
On the other hand, i'm sure my truck is happy that i'm driving it again. I forgot that it got fantastic gas mileage. I'm only filling up once a week, where as in my mustang, I was lasting only 3 or 4 days. I'm sod glad I didn't get rid of that truck.
Bet it's not a RAM, lmao! Those hemi's are gasaholics. I know, I have one!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007StangV6
Yes, it was 4 lanes. 2 lanes, a double yellow, and 2 more lanes. She was in the left hand lane making the turn. There was no turn lane.

When I was on my phone with my insurance, she said that it was an illegal turn since there was no break in the double yellow line, therefore she shouldn't have been there.
You can cross a double yellow line to turn left, but it still might have been illegal. If they didn't want people making lefts, then there should cement mediam between lanes.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:11 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Got a call back from the collision center. I'll hopefully have my car back April 10th!

I just have a quick question for you guys. I was going to buy the 3" Cowl hood from AM, however, I feel that I like the Cervini's 2.5" hood more, just for the fact that the Cervini's hood is square and the AM hood curves inwards. I think it will flow better for when I paint on stripes in the future.

I have to email the collision center with my choice within the next hour or so. On AM it says the hood will line up perfectly, however there aren't any reviews for the Cervini's hood. I'm sure atleast one of you guys has it. Does it match right up to your car without hassle? If I buy it directly from the Cervini's website, does that come with the windshield washer fluid squirter relocator?

Any help would be great!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:17 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
You can cross a double yellow line to turn left, but it still might have been illegal. If they didn't want people making lefts, then there should cement mediam between lanes.
In most states, you can't run left if it's a solid double-yellow. A concrete median isn't necessary if everyone follows the actual law.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:21 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

What is all the bickering about? If you are following someone and they slam on their brakes because they want to, the sky is falling, a meteor hits the road, a sink hole opens up in front of them, anything really, then you are supposed to be at a safe enough distance that you can stop your vehicle without hitting them.

1 car length for every 10mph is the rule of thumb and the law. Very few people follow this rule, including my wife.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
In most states, you can't run left if it's a solid double-yellow. A concrete median isn't necessary if everyone follows the actual law.
Well I have a 2 lane county hwy with sold double yellow lines. There's no break in the lines at every side street, so you have to cross the lines to make a left. Maybe it only applies to 4 lane roads in the city.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:33 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
I'd suggest googling it for texas, cause I haven't found one yet that says it's illegal.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/trans...oss-889388.php

I googled it for you, you are misinformed as is the kia driver. Scroll down.

http://www.texashighwayman.com/laws.shtml

Last edited by moosestang; 03-27-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Crashed my beautiful car (TL;DR at the bottom)