Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9R3Z-14D212-A Sync kit and hands free

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I'm so tempted to try this with my factory nav unit....
Old 03-28-2012, 03:30 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whiful
Does the USB work without it being programmed?
YUP, USB works it also plays my music (from my droidx) wireless too!!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:24 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

the only thing im having problems getting to work is voice recognition.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:27 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by slickman
the only thing im having problems getting to work is voice recognition.
the three button control that came with the unit does nor seem to work at all. not sure i'm doing something wrong. everything else works. i just cant do anything with voice commands
Old 03-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Buchez09GT
1st Gear Member

the three button control that came with the unit does nor seem to work at all. not sure i'm doing something wrong. everything else works. i just cant do anything with voice commands
That is what needs to be programmed in. I have a guy coming on Monday to take care of that for me.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:59 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Buchez09GT
That is what needs to be programmed in. I have a guy coming on Monday to take care of that for me.

Oh.. Okay, then that makes me feel better. I wish there was someone around me that I knew would be able to dot it. Not sure I trust the dealer. Maybe you can get some info from your guy on what to look for or who in my area that can do it.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Buchez09GT
1st Gear Member

Oh.. Okay, then that makes me feel better. I wish there was someone around me that I knew would be able to dot it. Not sure I trust the dealer. Maybe you can get some info from your guy on what to look for or who in my area that can do it.
I called the dealer and they told me they do not do that work anymore. They provided me with the number for this guy. I would call the dealer and see what they say, can't hurt. I would also give a call to some local Stereo shops too. I used to work for an audio dealer back in CT and learned that most dealers send cars to an audio shop for most aftermarket work. IE, remote starters, alarm systems, have a radio repaired or replaced, replace speakers, etc...

The guy who will be taking care of my system is a local guy who works out of his house. I will ask him if most dealerships outsource that kind of work for ya.

Last edited by Buchez09GT; 03-28-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Buchez09GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
I'm so tempted to try this with my factory nav unit....
If you are familiar and comfortable working on cars and wires etc... do it up. I was able to do it in about 2 hours. The hardest part was splicing the wires. If you do purchase the kit you will need someone who can program the control pad and activate a few other items.

**EDIT**
I must have been asleep when I read your comment. This will not work with factory NAV units.

Last edited by Buchez09GT; 03-29-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:32 AM
whiful

Good to know that most of the features work without the programming being done. Unfortunately the two nearest dealers I called didn't have a clue about this accessory. My kit is here, and I am going to probably install it this weekend.

On another note have you guys seen the people putting the 2010+ steering wheel in the 05-09's? I actually saw one thread where the volume controls would work just by adding the wiring, and it got me thinking about replacing that add-on control module and using the sync buttons from the steering wheel.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Buchez09GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whiful
Good to know that most of the features work without the programming being done. Unfortunately the two nearest dealers I called didn't have a clue about this accessory. My kit is here, and I am going to probably install it this weekend.

On another note have you guys seen the people putting the 2010+ steering wheel in the 05-09's? I actually saw one thread where the volume controls would work just by adding the wiring, and it got me thinking about replacing that add-on control module and using the sync buttons from the steering wheel.
That would be awesome. I am not a big fan of having that remote. I wish there was a way I could mount it so it looked like it was added from the factory.

Have you looked an further into getting the steering wheal?

Quick Reply: 9R3Z-14D212-A Sync kit and hands free