MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Boom Tubes (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/667667-boom-tubes.html)

ademantia 03-22-2012 07:39 AM

Boom Tubes

I found someone selling a pair for $250, but they're selling them because "they're too loud." I like the tone of them but can't tell the volume very well on Youtube...

Anyways, how loud do you think is "too loud?" I don't want a whole lot of cruising drone and I don't want to annoy my neighbors, but I really do like the tone of these.

Jeffk 03-22-2012 08:49 AM

I have a set in my trunk that I bought and I'm still debating on putting on for the same reason. I don't want it so loud that it wakes everyone up when I leave for work in the morning. I had that with my previous car & magnaflows.

ademantia 03-22-2012 09:09 AM

How do you like those Flowmasters? I've been considering the A/T Classics also.

Jeffk 03-22-2012 09:42 AM

I like the Flowmasters, I get lots of compliments on them but they were on the car when I bought it so I was looking for a change but now that I have the BT's I'm not sure if I want to put them on. I will probably put them on this weekend and see how it sounds.

mdg 03-22-2012 09:52 AM

The Boobtubes will roar from a cold start, mellows out after it idles down. Sounds great at WOT!

ademantia 03-22-2012 09:55 AM

That's what everyone says! I guess I'm thinking about it too much... I just leave my house almost every day at 7:30 and sometimes roll in as late as 3am, and with a few cops in my neighborhood, I don't want to hear any complaints.

Should I just shut up and bite the bullet?

Shift 03-22-2012 10:28 AM

I've heard of boom tubes and Loudmouths being really loud but also producing drone. I say this everywhere but I love my Corsa's cause they are just right on noise when at idle, they are deep, and when you get on it they wake up and sound amazing. They also produce absolutely no drone. Straight beautiful sound. Only con of Corsa's are the price, but worth it to me. I have not heard much about boom tubes but a lot of SLP. I also owned Flowmasters but didn't care much for the sound and they were not a good match with my cams.

HxCGuitars 03-22-2012 10:34 AM

I've got pype bombs, which are very similar. There's some drone literaly for a 10th of a second while you're accelerating through each gear through a certain rpm range, but that's only on a load. I've been on highways with various speed limits and have never had a problem with drone whatsoever.

As for the startup and what not, they are kind of loud for maybe 5 seconds before the idle starts to kick down in steps. It's not bad at all, it's not like you're running a full straight exhaust with no cats.

Go ahead and buy them! Seriously, stop thinking about it. You'll think they're loud at first but quickly get used to them. I remember feeling the grin on my face I got after I started them up for the first time. Heck I think mine need to be a bit louder now :D

ademantia 03-22-2012 10:45 AM

Alright, I e-mailed the guy. Hopefully they're still available. The way I see it, worst case is they're too loud and I'll just turn around and sell them to someone else. I'm such an engineer when it comes to this crap... gotta research every detail :X

S197GT07 03-22-2012 11:49 AM

They will sound great by themselves. However if you decide down the road to go to an off road midpipe, it will be wake the dead loud