Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walmart Banged up my Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 08:30 PM
1200bruce
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Walmart Banged up my Mustang

I had two FUN times at Walmart, first I needed a new battery. So I take it in the they come out later and tell me "it's more than a battery", I go out and get into the car and nothing is working. Then they tell me that my master fuse is burnt out, after they get another one (1 hour) later I find the radio doesn't work either, I take it to a radio place and they say it's fried and has to be replaced. I go back out to Walmart and then they confess that "they" hooked up the battery backwards![:@] And that was the whole problem to begin with, then they replaced the radio after that. I guess I'm STUPID I take the car in again for a oil change and they come out to me and say they "shut" the drivers door and the window shattered, they did replace the window, but it took several days to do it. I don't go back there![:'(]
Old 09-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

When ever I take my Mustang out, I park it away from other cars. You see alot of people are too freaking lazy to walk a distant to the door.
But I do get a few cars park close to me at times but usually the nicer ones. They think like I do. I do worry that some loser will push a cart into it. I mean things happen but I try to take extra precautions. I don't let anyone touch it, even my wife. I am very touchy about people putting fingers on it. You get the car, you just put your seatbelt on, shut up and don't touch anything. It's like babysittering people every time they get in.
I told them you would understand if you paid $26,000 + for a Mustang.

I told them they are even lucky to be sitting in the passenger seat.

Anyways, I know a good body man ( a friend of ours) if anything does happens to it.

Hope you get it back in shape soon. Sorry to hear about that.
Walmart here is so packed, I park on the other side of the parking lot. Try parking it next to light poles. People seem to hate those things. Away from the shopping cart holders. Even though people can't even seem to put the carts in them.

The old Walmart here (they built a Supercenter awhile back in a different location) had carts flying around the parking lot a few years back during a heavy rain storm. I am very glad I didnt have my Stang back then. I was like a scene out of a movie.

Good Luck
Old 09-17-2005, 10:06 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Unbelievable bruce. Did you get anything out of them, other than damage expenses?

ORIGINAL: Country1969

When ever I take my Mustang out, I park it away from other cars. You see alot of people are too freaking lazy to walk a distant to the door.
But I do get a few cars park close to me at times but usually the nicer ones. They think like I do. I do worry that some loser will push a cart into it. I mean things happen but I try to take extra precautions. I don't let anyone touch it, even my wife. I am very touchy about people putting fingers on it. You get the car, you just put your seatbelt on, shut up and don't touch anything. It's like babysittering people every time they get in.
I told them you would understand if you paid $26,000 + for a Mustang.

I told them they are even lucky to be sitting in the passenger seat.

Anyways, I know a good body man ( a friend of ours) if anything does happens to it.

Hope you get it back in shape soon. Sorry to hear about that.
Walmart here is so packed, I park on the other side of the parking lot. Try parking it next to light poles. People seem to hate those things. Away from the shopping cart holders. Even though people can't even seem to put the carts in them.

The old Walmart here (they built a Supercenter awhile back in a different location) had carts flying around the parking lot a few years back during a heavy rain storm. I am very glad I didnt have my Stang back then. I was like a scene out of a movie.

Good Luck
I do the same. I park way way far away when I'm at a grocery store. If there's a cart anywhere in the area, I move. A big car with a large door radius, I move.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Dan66Stang
2nd Gear Member

Damn, that sucks dude. i know what its like to have something like that happen. Hey, look at the bright side, at least you dont have to pay for it!
Old 09-21-2005, 07:12 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

dude, honestly...Walmart? What the heck were you/her thinking?
Old 09-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

I would be afraid to change my oil there..............JohnnyT
Old 09-23-2005, 06:40 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Who the hell would take there car to Walmart for anything, maybe its a southern thing, im in the NE and wouldnt dream about taking my stang there, i only take it out to hang out never to run errands and go to work in, thats why i have my crappy chevy cavalier for, take the care to the dealer, Spralmart Sucks![:@]
Old 09-23-2005, 07:34 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torch red

Who the hell would take there car to Walmart for anything, maybe its a southern thing, im in the NE and wouldnt dream about taking my stang there, i only take it out to hang out never to run errands and go to work in, thats why i have my crappy chevy cavalier for, take the care to the dealer, Spralmart Sucks![:@]
Quite a few people do take their cars to Walmart. Now understand, I'm not guilty by association. I tell her Firestone, she takes it to Walmart (because that's what's convenient for her) and I'm completely left in the dark. Call her once I'm out of class and she tells me my tire is just fine... but "there's something she needs to tell me." It wasn't until I got home that she told me she took the car to Walmart. Secondly, this is not her fault. I mean, she was naive to bring a brand new car to Walmart for service, especially when there was a Ford dealership across the street, but it's not brain surgery. Sure enough, they **** up. But hey, I got a big check that covers damages, and then some.

If anyone needs headers, a body kit, new exhaust system, etc.. Walmart will be happy to write you a check.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:04 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

All it needed was some TLC:

Wax and detailer. Notice the bump right around ^^^^^^ here? Didn't think so.

My waxy, shiny, dink:

Thanks to hamidlmt for the product advice.

and here's my GT grille, just waiting for lamps and wiring kit.