Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with aftermarket hoods

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:28 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default Those with aftermarket hoods

Does the windshield washer squirters mount right onto the new hood? As you may know I hit a deer sunday night and I am most likely going to have the body shop replace the hood with the Cervini Corba R hood instead of another oem hood, but I want a nice clean fit and install. I saw there is a squirter relocate kit that relocates them on the wipers, but I really dont like that. And also how is cervinis fitment, I hear they are good.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

There's a relocation kit from AM...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/nozzle...tion-0510.html

Ask Cervini before you order. some of them you can mount them under the hood.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:44 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I too did the relocation kit for the squirters and I think it makes the hood look cleaner. Tell your uncle to blend in both front fenders with the hood when he paints it. I know the one side will get painted but the other fender will need blended.

As far as cervinis fitment. Read some reviews. I'd think u would be ok and if ur uncle is good then u should have no worries
Old 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Here check this out.
http://www.trufiber.com/Trufiber_Win...p/tf032109.htm
I've been meaning to get this
Old 03-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

My Cervini's hood came with a relocation kit, haven't had a chance to install them yet though, looks kinda complicated.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:54 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Wil
My Cervini's hood came with a relocation kit, haven't had a chance to install them yet though, looks kinda complicated.
damn really? my heat extractor one didnt come with anything. theres a spot you can replug the squirters under the hood, but then when it shoots all it does is hit the bottom of the hood bc it doesnt stick out enough lol
Old 03-27-2012, 07:41 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

My body shop guy didn't use it becsuse he said it sucked so they're under the hood. If you would like a pic pm me and ilk take some
Old 03-27-2012, 08:01 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Does the windshield washer squirters mount right onto the new hood? As you may know I hit a deer sunday night and I am most likely going to have the body shop replace the hood with the Cervini Corba R hood instead of another oem hood, but I want a nice clean fit and install. I saw there is a squirter relocate kit that relocates them on the wipers, but I really dont like that. And also how is cervinis fitment, I hear they are good.
Cervini's fiberglass is the best in the business just about, as far as fitment and shape.
You won't go wrong with them. Very little prep.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:52 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Well I have a few days to decide. I am bringing down to the shop tomorrow and Im gonna ask my gfs uncle what he thinks I should do. If I really want a new hood, Ill just take a rubber mallet to this one and kink up the metal a little more, but my stock hood isnt really damaged and nothing fits like OEM.

Im gonna call cervini in the morning and see what they say about the squirters. If they dont have a problem mounting them where they originally were on the oem hood than Ill most likely go for it, but I dont want any of that relocation on the wiper ****
Old 03-28-2012, 01:56 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

My relocation kit for the squirters work good. The guy that mounts them has to be picky with placement and how well they hit ur windshield. If your gf uncle takes his time with them they work fine

Quick Reply: Those with aftermarket hoods