Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What should I do for my new stripes?
Matte black is a must!
42.86%
Keep your current stripes you dummy!
35.71%
Other option (specified below)
21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

It's modding time again!! Help me decide on new stripes!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 04:44 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Default It's modding time again!! Help me decide on new stripes!

Hey guys,
As some of you may or may not know, I tend to change the overall look of my car each year to keep things interesting and to try and stand out from all of the other stangs in my area. I am currently sporting a reverse c stripe along the sides of my car in charcoal gray, I actually installed it about two years ago before the new boss was announced but now I feel like I need a change.

I want to keep pretty much the same design for the c stripe mainly because it is my favorite look on this body style mustang but I was considering maybe doing something like this....

Do you think I should change the color of the stripes to matte black or stay with the current charcoal color? Also if you have any suggestions or ideas that you think may be cool for my car please let me know.

(my car currently)

Old 03-29-2012, 07:29 AM
majik755
2nd Gear Member

Default Nice as is, but I get that itch too...

Wow, your car looks awesome as is, but I understand your feeling, I'm constantly changing appearance things to keep it fresh. If anything you might consider a supersnake stripe on the hood in the same color as the C stripe to keep the blacked out, stealthy look. I would also consider changing the front grille pony to a black chrome. it will still stand out but blend with the scheme.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:37 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I think if you do matte black you're not going to be as unique as that charcoal color you now have. I was thinking something with the grille too. If they had like a black billet that would really look hawt IMO on your ride. I see you havent painted the rockers / side skirts either...that might be something to consider too. Maybe add a hood c cstripe or a rounded one same color as the charcoal
Old 03-29-2012, 08:29 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Two-tone finishes with the base color black is tuff, car looks great as it sits.
I believe I would get a shorty antenna and maybe a bar grill, chrome if you got the testicular fortitude...could really pop with the rims
Direct all funding toward the pursuit of "go fast" stuff!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:47 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

I like how it sits now, I wouldn't change the stripes. But if I did, I would do the same style stripes in silver to try to go with your FR500s.

What's your budget like? If you want other ideas, I'd say a new hood! Looks a lot better than a stocker. Or maybe even a hood scoop like Mayo's? Clean and a definite break up on the stock flatness... Or like wcgman said, a 9-bar Roush billet grille would look SHWEET.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:49 AM
nfordhk
1st Gear Member

I think you should remove the stripe all together. This isnt need for speed . I wouldn't add a hood scope ESPECIALLY if its non functioning.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:12 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nfordhk
I think you should remove the stripe all together. This isnt need for speed . I wouldn't add a hood scope ESPECIALLY if its non functioning.
So do you believe that Ford went a "Need for Speed" route with the new Boss 302?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Your car is sexy as hell.
I agree with the others if you want to change something go for a billet grille or possibly a Bullitt grille.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:19 PM
nfordhk
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
So do you believe that Ford went a "Need for Speed" route with the new Boss 302?
His car isn't a new bos 302...
Old 03-29-2012, 10:47 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

I took some of your advice and went and looked at new grilles, the problem is I cant really find any that I like....on a black stang. I would love a bullitt grille but I am not going to pay around three hundred dollars for one, thats a lot of modding money for a small item. That and I would like to keep the use of my fog lights because they really help out at night. I thought about maybe getting the fog light blackouts or blacking out the headlights and leaving the fogs how they are.

Thank you guys for all the compliments, I really appreciate it. Here is my car with a silver stripe as majik and madstang suggested, I am really considering going matte black c stripe with a matte black roof but the problem with that is the chrome is much too flashy in comparison and I dont have the cash for new wheels.

Quick Reply: It's modding time again!! Help me decide on new stripes!