Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration after lowering springs...please advise

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 01:34 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
After installing my Eibach pro-kit lowering springs, I took my car to get an alignment done. I have no vibration issues driving at low or higher speeds. =-)
That maybe all that is needed.
Good luck!
And it definitely looks like you have more drop then me...since I need an alignment anyway, I think I'll start with that instead of wasting my time with other stuff...
Old 04-12-2012, 04:49 PM
2012Kona
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
And it definitely looks like you have more drop then me...since I need an alignment anyway, I think I'll start with that instead of wasting my time with other stuff...
Let me know how that comes out. I'm debating CC plates. Would be nice if they could adjust enough to where I don't need them. I think you got the same Dub springs I got.

If I had to guess on your vib.. It's probably the same vibration I had when I drove my car off the lot. Pull the driveshaft down and put it back up. Vibration gone. Started at 60mph. Was strongest around 65. Faded away after that.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:18 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2012Kona
Let me know how that comes out. I'm debating CC plates. Would be nice if they could adjust enough to where I don't need them. I think you got the same Dub springs I got.

If I had to guess on your vib.. It's probably the same vibration I had when I drove my car off the lot. Pull the driveshaft down and put it back up. Vibration gone. Started at 60mph. Was strongest around 65. Faded away after that.
What do you mean pull the driveshaft down and put it back up? Uninstall and reinstall?
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Subbing, I'm battling a vib at 75-up right now. I just had my tires re-balanced and it's not that.

I just put on non-adjustable LCA's so if it ends up being pinion angle then I'm going with a UCA.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Im out of town for a bit but when I get back, this is my first project after unpacking
Old 04-13-2012, 08:39 AM
2012Kona
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
What do you mean pull the driveshaft down and put it back up? Uninstall and reinstall?
That's what they did at the dealership the 4th time I took it in for vibration. Actually you may not even need to take it down. Just unbolt from the pinion and turn it a 1/4 turn. I've had this issue on a couple of my stangs and that always seems to fix it. If it makes it worse turn it the other way a half turn. I usually end up replacing the factory shaft for something aftermarket and the problem goes away completely. But considering these run nearly $1k I'm on hold.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

I might try taking mine to a driveshaft shop here in town and see if he an re-balance my stocker.

Or see how much he will get me for a custom one-piece
http://www.oliverscustomdriveshaft.com/
Old 04-23-2012, 08:59 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I got back late last night and installed the new 19" wheels and pirelli neros tonight when I got home from work. I drove around for about an hour tonight and didnt have any vibration whatsoever. Of course, I was driving around like an idiot too because I've been trapped on a cruise ship for over a week and felt the need for speed. I'll drive more normally tomorrow and try harder to duplicate it, but so far, looks like an unbalanced wheel or something was the cause.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

I'm starting to think mine is tire related too. Glad you seem to have gotten yours straightened out.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:07 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I had a very mild bent strut that caused vibrations between 60-80, ended up dropping 3k on suspension to replace it all, and it went away

Quick Reply: Vibration after lowering springs...please advise