Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short Autobahn & Little Back Road Video

Old 04-11-2012, 11:37 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
That looks like a pretty nice drive even if people pull out in front of you. I always find a way to go around them though
It's illegal to pass on the right here. It happens sometimes (I've never done it...), but if you get caught it's a huge fine and possibly losing my USAREUR license so I follow the rules.

Originally Posted by alan0614
Nice video and nice car, thanks for sharing. How do you have your camera mounted?
I have a suction cup mounted to the front windscreen. I'm going to try and mount it on the passenger window and see if I can get some video of the cockpit as well. I'm new to this GoPro thing.

Thanks guys!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:04 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Do any of you have a GoPro? The reason I ask is because I can't seem to get the right angle from the passenger seat/window. Maybe I need to look for extensions or other pieces.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:44 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by YerBuddy
Do any of you have a GoPro? The reason I ask is because I can't seem to get the right angle from the passenger seat/window. Maybe I need to look for extensions or other pieces.
Are you using the large motorsport suction cup for your gopro? That's probably the safest and most flexible mount there is. I also have one permanently mounted in my explorer (the 3M sticky one) that I've mounted 2 of the extension arms on to get it where I want it.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:17 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

German Roads are freak'in awesome and fun to drive on!!!! Plus they're pretty good at maintaining their roads and it's very common in seeing roads being repaired, fixed, sustained, ect..

Last edited by a_lopez1975; 04-12-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:23 PM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

Dude Germany roads are awesome! When you got off the Autobahn it looked like a normal country road here, just way better kept up! I'm thinking of getting a GoPro, only thing that aggravates me is the lens gives the picture a fisheye look. If they come up with another GoPro design it'll be worth it to me Nice video and great car/setup you have there!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:51 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I thought it was illegal to pass on the right. I was actually asking myself that question when you got up to the second car in the video. Lol.

I say stay safe and stick to the rules. We don't need anyone else from the US giving us a bad rep in other countries. Haha. Just messing with you.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:01 PM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Are you using the large motorsport suction cup for your gopro? That's probably the safest and most flexible mount there is. I also have one permanently mounted in my explorer (the 3M sticky one) that I've mounted 2 of the extension arms on to get it where I want it.
I actually just went and bought some small extension pieces. I think this will work better. Thanks!

Originally Posted by bigD1515
Dude Germany roads are awesome! When you got off the Autobahn it looked like a normal country road here, just way better kept up! I'm thinking of getting a GoPro, only thing that aggravates me is the lens gives the picture a fisheye look. If they come up with another GoPro design it'll be worth it to me Nice video and great car/setup you have there!
You can set it up to not have the fisheye if you want. That's on the new version, but I don't know about the older ones.

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
Yeah I thought it was illegal to pass on the right. I was actually asking myself that question when you got up to the second car in the video. Lol.

I say stay safe and stick to the rules. We don't need anyone else from the US giving us a bad rep in other countries. Haha. Just messing with you.
lol...thanks! Yep, I always follow the rules...well, most of the time.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:52 PM
iamgone
1st Gear Member

Great video! I love the sound and the scenery was beautiful!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-HD-HERO2...104324-1682854

Is this the GoPro you were using? What extra extensions did you have to buy?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

That's awesome man! I dream taking mine on the Autobahn. Its superior to any of the roads in the U.S. They suck here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Short Autobahn & Little Back Road Video