MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Exhaust choices... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/669793-exhaust-choices.html)

bigsols05blackwidow 04-14-2012 11:24 PM

Exhaust choices...

Alright so I've narrowed it down to 2 choices;
Corsa Extreme axlebacks with eventual ARH Headers and x-pipe.
Or
Borla stingers with the same header set-up as shown above.

So which do you guys think sounds better?

Milspec 04-15-2012 07:51 AM

Can't speak on the Borlas, but we love the Corsas. We had Corsa Sport on the 2007, previous to the 2010.

I just finished installing and off road H yesterday, and I must say it is unbelievably loud! I'll try to get a new video today.

shad2009 04-15-2012 08:07 AM

i love the sound of borlas...i would think somebody on youtube has videos of both those setups so you can hear

bigsols05blackwidow 04-15-2012 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by shad2009 (Post 7910623)
i love the sound of borlas...i would think somebody on youtube has videos of both those setups so you can hear

Lol ya know what's crazy is that I can't find any videos of these set-ups with American Racing Headers.

Milspec 04-15-2012 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by bigsols05blackwidow (Post 7910701)
Lol ya know what's crazy is that I can't find any videos of these set-ups with American Racing Headers.

It's definitely hard trying to find decent videos with different Corsa setups...seems to be a few floating around with Kooks headers, and then a lot have FRPP cams so its hard to really get a good idea.

I can definitely tell you from most exhaust threads I've seen, those that have dropped the cash on Corsa have NOT regretted it. Hell, I tried to get the system off of the 07 when it was totaled, but couldn't because the adjuster may have taken away for no exhaust system. We just footed the bill a second set when we got the 2010. Well worth the money.

bigsols05blackwidow 04-15-2012 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Milspec (Post 7910733)
It's definitely hard trying to find decent videos with different Corsa setups...seems to be a few floating around with Kooks headers, and then a lot have FRPP cams so its hard to really get a good idea.

I can definitely tell you from most exhaust threads I've seen, those that have dropped the cash on Corsa have NOT regretted it. Hell, I tried to get the system off of the 07 when it was totaled, but couldn't because the adjuster may have taken away for no exhaust system. We just footed the bill a second set when we got the 2010. Well worth the money.

True, but I'm open to getting Kooks instead. But from everyone I've talked to, corsa is the way to go. Do you have Corsa Extreme or Sport?

jcieutat 04-15-2012 12:58 PM

I put my Corsa Sports on last week with the Corsa X pipe. If you are looking for something that is always loud than this set up is not for you. This set up is loud at start up and then it tones down to almost stock during idling and cruising. When you get on it, it sounds awesome. There is also absolutely no drone on the interstate.

bigsols05blackwidow 04-15-2012 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by jcieutat (Post 7910821)
I put my Corsa Sports on last week with the Corsa X pipe. If you are looking for something that is always loud than this set up is not for you. This set up is loud at start up and then it tones down to almost stock during idling and cruising. When you get on it, it sounds awesome. There is also absolutely no drone on the interstate.

Yeah thats what a friend of mine told me. I kinda want something thats always loud and has that sort of trumpeting sound.

Dylanjunk 04-15-2012 04:14 PM

Slp loudmouth!

Milspec 04-15-2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by bigsols05blackwidow (Post 7910802)
True, but I'm open to getting Kooks instead. But from everyone I've talked to, corsa is the way to go. Do you have Corsa Extreme or Sport?

Corsa Extreme. The offroad pipe makes it extremely loud. As long as you use an offroad pipe with longtubes it will always be loud.