Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Mustang's new European look: A big mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

BlackGT45th hit the nail on the head. If the new Stang doesn't move me, I'll be looking hard at others, mainly the Camaro. I was a Camaro owner in the 70's.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Lifeexplorer

This discussion is pointless without a picture.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:15 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Global business models su*k!!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
BlackGT45th hit the nail on the head. If the new Stang doesn't move me, I'll be looking hard at others, mainly the Camaro. I was a Camaro owner in the 70's.
All my relatives either had an SS Camaro or a Nova with the 454 back in the 70's.

Mother's first new car was a 1976 SS Camaro with T tops.

I'll be taking a good long look at an RT Challenger if I don't like the next Mustang.

In about 7 years, I'll be in the market for a new muscle car, and this time I'll be buying off the dealer lot. If nothing moves me, I guess I'll be putting up money to BUILD something that does, like the GTM Supercar kit, or the drawings I have on my desk.

Last edited by Young_Gun; 04-17-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 PM
fordplay
1st Gear Member

I have seen a rendering... I'll see if I can load it or link to it.... its beautiful sleek, sexy, still has the classic Retro rear brake ducts and hood scoop but looks Aston martin like,
Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
All my relatives either had an SS Camaro or a Nova with the 454 back in the 70's.

Mother's first new car was a 1976 SS Camaro with T tops.

I'll be taking a good long look at an RT Challenger if I don't like the next Mustang.

In about 7 years, I'll be in the market for a new muscle car, and this time I'll be buying off the dealer lot. If nothing moves me, I guess I'll be putting up money to BUILD something that does, like the GTM Supercar kit, or the drawings I have on my desk.
Ha Guess a lot of us have ties to the bowtie, my father had a 67 Chevelle SS that he loved as well as a couple of 67 Camaros.

The next few years will be interesting. The Camaro will be redesigned (guessing) in what 5 - 7 years? The Challenger is supposedly being dropped and the Mustang is going more "euro". Like Young Gun I will be in the market for a car in 6 or 7 years. Depending on the looks of what is out at the time I will probably just keep the Mustang as a nice weather/weekend fun car and either get a v6 of the Camaro or Mustang depending on how they look or find a slightly used Lincoln or something and have an entry level luxury car for a DD (though I'd rather it be a sports/muscle car).
Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

If the average car buyer is 51 years old, then yes, they have to do something dramatic. I'm saying this as a 51 year old guy. This is not the demographic you want as it also contains the Crown Vic (what I had before the GT). To survive, it has to appeal to a younger group.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by robs
If the average car buyer is 51 years old, then yes, they have to do something dramatic. I'm saying this as a 51 year old guy. This is not the demographic you want as it also contains the Crown Vic (what I had before the GT). To survive, it has to appeal to a younger group.
The opinion of anyone who operates on a 91 honda budget should not be considered when it comes to the next Mustang.

The only people who should be considered are the ones who can afford a Mustang, and the generation of the sh*trice should not be taken into account.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:34 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

This discussion is fairly pointless. People that like it will buy it, and people that don't will still with everything made prior to it (or jump ship altogether). It's that simple. And for the record, my previous car was a Crown Vic LX Sport.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:38 PM
fordplay
1st Gear Member

Arrrggg OK I've written this 3 times and upon hitting post its messed up... I have a very via
I'd point why I am saying this is close to it

http://myautosworld.com/wp-content/u...ng-Concept.jpg

Quick Reply: Ford Mustang's new European look: A big mistake?