Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prolly new mustang owner friday, question

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Default prolly new mustang owner friday, question

Hi guys, ive done my financial application today for a nice mustang, I dont know much about the mustang game, or the performance stuff, but it shall come fast enough, spec on the stang is cammed (not sure yet which cam), roush blower, huge machined pulley, header, xpipe, sadly with the cops pretty hard on the exaust lately, ill have to stick on reg cat back to be ''legal'', some nice foose 20'' stagged, the car was a v6 all swapped into a gt, forged internal, not sure how much psi it run, around 10-11, fresh painted all silver with black strip, it runs 550 hp on the block, not sure how much at the wheels, the car is really great looking, ill post pict if im approved tommorow, grabbing it friday, now my question would be the following: The interior look a bit cheap, no special cluster, no meter, pretty basic, which annoy me a bit, I have no idea what could I grab, or where could I grab, but id like to add some illuminating stuff meter or dunno, just to make it more impressing, the exterior is outstanding, id like to improve the interior too, the shifter is modified at least, but that really it, where could I check, what brand name? Thanks, cant wait to be part of the mustang family, if you have any suggestion on what else I could get on the performance that worth it, lets me know.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:43 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

You mean to tell me that the previous owner did all of that work to the engine, supercharged it and there's not A/F ratio gauge? Post some pics and we'll be able to help you out a little better.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Yep, I'm gonna need some pics because I am really really confused by your grammar. What the hell does this thing have?

Cams?
supercharger?
LARGER diameter pulley?
20" wheels?
Catback exhaust?

I can't tell if half of these are your plans or if all of them are already installed?

And all of these from a V6 to V8 swap?

I'm assuming he has a full drivetrain conversion? Is that 550hp a bench number or does he have the dyno sheet to prove it?

In any case, congrats on the new ride, welcome to the forums, and can't wait to see the pics!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:57 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

the story is kinda complicated, and my english is also complicated

the guy who had it previously was a bit weird, he put lambo door on it, spinning wheels, he bought a v6 pony and swapped everything on into a gt, dont ask me why, I got the proof that he paid 6000$ at the dealer to get a fully swapped wiring (dont know the english exact term),
he had alot of trouble with the car and with the pulley, he paid a ****laod of money to get a huge one made, he got it tuned like 4 time, he got so annoyed with the car that he said he wanted to lets go asap, my uncle who own a big mustang shop, went with his partner to see the car, he said no way im ever gonna buy this ugly piece of ****, (lambo door, spinner, guy had the hood pop on his windshield, car needed a paint etc) finally he dealed it good enough so it worth it, he repainted the whole car, removed lambo door, didnt even take the spinners (thanks god), he re-tuned it properly, and now, the car is ready...I would like to have more information but at the moment I dont, and my knowledge in tuning and gear on it is weak, ill get a list set up if im approved so I can be more clear, and no there is really nothing modified in the interior the car is cammed, roushcharger, big headers, it had cervini on it but the guy got it welded terribly on it, my uncle removed the setup and sold it, he told me he's gonna put on some regular mustang cat back so I dont get too anoyed since the car is already so damn loud with the cam and headers...I personnally would prefer having some basani or at minimum magnaflow, but cops are so ****ign nuts over here, everyone get ticket for exaust lately, ill try to get brand name and the dyno sheet if he got it and of course picture friday, at worst, monday, I dont wanna sound like a bragger about what the car got, im just telling you what was said by my uncle, and he usually dont count me any bull****.

here is a link to a car he just made with custom side exaust, not totally my taste since it 3pipes. he was in the smash mustang fix domain, he buy smash from usa and fix it here in canada, but mine is not a smash

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...6295413&type=3

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...12810658_n.jpg
Old 04-18-2012, 11:00 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Sounds like that car could be a lot of headaches for sure. I would think your uncle (with his knowledge of Mustangs) would want you in a car that has not had so many odd mods done.......

That car pictured is not to my liking for sure....but to each his own.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Wow...

To each their own
Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

As soon as I saw the word "prolly" in the the thread title I knew this thread would be hard to follow. I was not disappointed.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:50 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

That isn't his car he's buying. Its an example of his uncles custom work.

Im not sure why its so hard to read. Some guy bought a V6 and converted it with forged internals, a supercharger, bigger pulleys, camshaft, 20 inch rims (with spinners that are now gone), lambo doors that are now gone, custom exhaust that needs fixed and (im guessing on this one) wired for a GT.. meaning, power seats, traction control, etc.. (whatevers in a GT that isnt in a 6).

He likes the cars setup but would prefer to get some gauges to measure the car correctly and possibly some lighting bling (under dash, door sills, not sure) and possibly some general bling to enhance the interiors look. Think carbon fiber dash or chrome dash and ***** and whatnot.

However, he has no clue where or what to get so he was asking for help. Assuming he gets approved to buy the car that is.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

I'd run if I was you.....

Quick Reply: prolly new mustang owner friday, question