Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a Hassle

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 02:40 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Default What a Hassle

I ordered a set of wheels from AM, and when Discount Tire was mounting them, they found a big chuck of material missing from one of the wheels. I called AM and they shipped me a new wheel.

When to Discount Tire today to have them swap out the defective rim with the replacement, making sure the guy saw the defect (and which wheel it was on). They swapped wheels, and I went to my window tinting appointment. I paid $312 for a full ceramic tint job, and the tint guy mentioned that I shouldn't roll the windows down for at least three days.

I then went home to retrieve the RMA# and shipping label for the defective wheel, and decided I would pack the wheel as best as I could with the original packing material. It was then, that I noticed that the wheel in the box did NOT have a chunk missing, so I looked at the car, and sure enough, the car STILL had the defective wheel on it, so I took the boxed wheel and the paper work back to Discount Tire. They put me ahead of about a dozen other people to fix the problem. After they pulled the car into the service bay, I looked over and noticed that they had *rolled both windows down*.

They said if it cost anything to fix, they'd pay for it, and proceeded to replace the correct wheel.

As the service guy was handing me my keys, he said, "I have some more bad news. We damaged the finish on the wheel, so we've already ordered you another one."

I went BACK to the tint guy and he said it didn't look like anything was messed up, so at least they didn't succeed in COMPLETELY screwing up my day...
Old 04-21-2012, 03:58 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Wow man.. That's pretty rough. I would try another shop. But you should have told them not to lower the windows just in case.. I would have at least, you never know what people will do.

At least they said they would cover everything though. Try to let it roll off your back.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:07 PM
BeitzelGT
2nd Gear Member

I would have murdered someone, I do believe.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:28 PM
McDirty
1st Gear Member

It sucks to have to keep going back. It can be rough on the guy at the shop as well. Nothing is more frustrating than those days when everything seems to go wrong. It is nice that they owned up to screwing up the finish and already took care of it. Would have been some much worse if they hid it, denied it and tried to fight it. I hope everything eventually works out for you. Do you have pics of the new wheels and tint job?
Old 04-21-2012, 04:34 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Didn't you inspect each wheel when you received them or did they go straight to Discount?

I would have at least looked out the window into the bay to be sure they were working on the right wheel.....

Local tint places here put a sticker over the window controls for just that reason....so someone without knowledge does not roll them down.

Bad days suck for sure.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:44 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Dumb asses!!
My bathroom door ****'s smarter than those idiots, lol.
Do they get repeat business I wonder?
Old 04-21-2012, 04:50 PM
SD 197
2nd Gear Member

I've had those days, and they are sure frustrating. The good thing is that at least they are taking responsibility for it, it will eventually get fixed.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:12 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Bad day for sure. At least it was hassle free!

What is ceramic tint?
Old 04-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

At least you weren't driving around in a lemon during all this and you could at least enjoy the ride
Old 04-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Wow, don't know what else to say, but wow.

Quick Reply: What a Hassle