Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what other parts will i need for my 06 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM
2006mustanggtowner
1st Gear Member

Default what other parts will i need for my 06 mustang gt

im looking to build my 06 gt a little bit its got cold air and mac cat backs now and suspension work but i wanna get some hp. im looking to buy the following
-predator programmer
-pace setter shorty headers
-the comp cams ***** thumpr cam( i know i need retainers and the phaser limter kit)
- the frpp intake manifold
-thebbk 62mm throttle body

i just dont know what else i need or what else i should get or change about what im thinking about getting will i need fuel injectors with all this or will io be able to program it? im newer to all this and just need some help with parts and everything that goes along with it any help will be much appreciated Thank you all
Old 04-23-2012, 09:37 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2006mustanggtowner
im looking to build my 06 gt a little bit its got cold air and mac cat backs now and suspension work but i wanna get some hp. im looking to buy the following
-predator programmer
-pace setter shorty headers
-the comp cams ***** thumpr cam( i know i need retainers and the phaser limter kit)
- the frpp intake manifold
-thebbk 62mm throttle body

i just dont know what else i need or what else i should get or change about what im thinking about getting will i need fuel injectors with all this or will io be able to program it? im newer to all this and just need some help with parts and everything that goes along with it any help will be much appreciated Thank you all

From what I understand buying Throttle bodies for our cars is a waste of money as they do not add jack. Also don't buy the Diablo Predator especially if you are going with cams, buy something like SCT tuner, you will be able to get more tunes especially written for your setup. Predator is good if you want something quick out of the box, but if you want to keep upgrading your car and getting the most out of it, SCT is the way to go.

So toss that TB out and get you a MAC pro chamber (Or whatever you like) to go with the rest of your exhaust. You won't need injectors for what you are running, you really don't need to worry about the fuel system unless you start running FI.

And welcome to the forums!

Last edited by defiance; 04-23-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:57 PM
2006mustanggtowner
1st Gear Member

thanks so much for the help i plan on buying all the parts over time and takeing a day or to and just getting my car done. so is the intake manifold something worth buying? and i can use my stock tb with that? and so everything with the cam will be good also?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:03 PM
2006mustanggtowner
1st Gear Member

im really just looking to get the best hp for not haveing to force induct or tear into my motor to much its still gunna be my everyday
Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

get long tube headers and off road x pipes if you can swing it. (most people say shorty headers don't do jack, the power comes from long tubes and ditching the cats)

TB = NO

cams will hurt your millage.

frpp intake will work with any TB that works with the stock intake (someone can check that please)

underdrive pulleys are usually worth the price but I don't feel much of a difference personally
Old 04-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Some good advise that i heard from someone is to go around forum members signatures and see what mod combinations they did and ask them about them. most people on here enjoy sharing knowledge and talking about their cars. ya know, this being a mustang forum and all
Old 04-24-2012, 12:26 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Another good investment would be an oil catch can. Those things are great and if you have roughly $80 to play with, its the best mod you can buy.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:23 AM
2006mustanggtowner
1st Gear Member

thanks alot and yea ill have to start looking around on here some more for sure. also with the sct tuner theres 2 diffrent models f3 and x3 which ones the one i should go for. im not as worried about fuel mileage as i am some more power i wanna wake her up. i get 22.4mpg now
Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

X3 is what most people have I think
Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 AM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

With 22 youve got a much lighter foot than me. 16 here

Quick Reply: what other parts will i need for my 06 mustang gt