Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All waxed up and custom emblem

Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 PM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

Hand wash is obviously the safest. However, find out what kind of cloth they use on their brushes. Go there on a slow day (Cloudy) and ask if you can go in the tunnel and see the brushes. Any good car wash owner will understand and let you. That's my best suggestion.

We owned a car wash for several years, used a very good grade of cloth. We also cleaned our brushes on a regular basis by taking advantage of rain days. While other car washes were closed, we'd cover our maintenance and cleaning. At the time, I had a black Audi A4 that would go through just about every day. I kept it waxed very well. The car looked showroom new.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Thanks everyone for the compliments! Attention to detail is what i was going for!

- The dog was just a random pic from my balcony that I thought i would include (my friends dog)

- yeah i think i'll skip the car wash and just use the pay and spray. I have the distinct feeling that high speed turbines cant be good for the paint.

- what movie is that gif from lol?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:56 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThaiCobra
- what movie is that gif from lol?
yea, it's just f*ckin lovely...

car looks great...no badges and smooth...like the rear emblem as well...nicely done!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:12 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

unless you like your car to look like total ***. Dont ever drive it through ANY car wash that something touches your paint. They are not called swirl-o-matics for nothing. Dont let anyone ever tell you that one kind of auto brush place is ok to use..NONE OF THEM are paint safe to anyone who gives a crap about how their paint looks. The only time your car should be touched with something is when your at home with a proper wash mitt or sponge cleaning it.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:28 AM
bigb996

i like that emblem man turned out good
Old 05-04-2012, 12:03 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Emblem looks great. You'll be alright in a touchless car wash system or spend some QT with the car and hand wash it.

That gif is disturbing. Don't understand why you'd chose that.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Looks good!
I agree, no car washes, including the touchless. I used a brand new touchless car wash a couple of years back and all it did was move the dirt around on the car. I took a microfiber towel to wipe it down, and all of the brown dirt wiped off into the micro towel. Needless to say, I was very dissapointed and never went back. I only handwash and use a leaf blower for a quick dry!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:08 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

you spend that much time to get her cleaned and waxed and then ask about car washes....I think you know the answer....don't do it...I cant tell you how many cars I have detailed that have swirl and scratches form any type of car wash...two bucket method for hand washing at home works best and its much cheaper in the long run just not as fast as the automatic car washes...anyway the car looks great...make sure you use a soap that is safe for wax and enjoy the bonding time with the car you spent time on and money on to get her the way she looks now...good job!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Franchise-SZ
1st Gear Member

Pics look great !
Old 05-04-2012, 06:30 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Jesus...ANY car wash that touches your car will f up the paint. Think about the dude in the muddy jeep that went before you. If you have to use a wash, find one with water jets.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All waxed up and custom emblem