Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

noise front right front tire...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:58 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Default noise front right front tire...

I have drove the car all morning today doing errands and then to work, nothing unusual. After I get off work, driving home I start hearing this tss tss tss tss noise above 15mph coming from the right front tire. When I got home, I checked the tire for nails, well no nails. I checked undercarriage to see if something got stuck somewhere like a plastic bag, again I found nothing. I checked the caliper and the rotor, nothing unusual, no scratches giving away a rock being stuck somewhere.

I don't know what to do. Its like boom and the noise is there after the car drove fine all day. It's like I picked up a nail, but there is nothing in the tire and nothing is touching anything anywhere.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:02 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Have you checked the brake pad squealer? Sometimes they will just touch intermittently at first.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:04 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CPTCO
Have you checked the brake pad squealer? Sometimes they will just touch intermittently at first.
Well the rotors and brakes are only 7 month old. No wear on them at all.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:16 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

That's probably not it then. Weird problem. I'll keep thinking. If you jack the car up, can you replicate the sound by spinning the wheel by hand?
Old 05-07-2012, 10:19 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

That's probably not it then. Weird problem. I'll keep thinking. If you jack the car up, can you replicate the sound by spinning the wheel by hand?
Yeah I cant get to a jack until tomorrow, that would be the best way about it. I could even swap the tires from one side to another to see if the sound follows. This whole thing is just weird. I hate looking for noises......
Old 05-07-2012, 10:29 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Well if the tire still has air pressure in the morning, that will be one thing eliminated. I once had a piece of duct tape stick on a tire. Freaked me out for a second.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:23 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Well if the tire still has air pressure in the morning, that will be one thing eliminated. I once had a piece of duct tape stick on a tire. Freaked me out for a second.
On the way home I was hoping it was going to be something as simple as duct tape, but unfortunately it is never that simple for me it seems.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

If it was a repeating noise like it sounds, then it must be something stuck somewhere that is hitting something every time it makes a rotation. It's most likely either something stuck in your tire or something similar. It could even be a stick or something caught in the undercarriage, making contact with your rims. lol. I know that doesn't narrow it down much at all.