Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 11:45 AM
sofaking5.0
1st Gear Member

Looks like an Aston Martin to me. Am I right?
Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Impact 5.0
2nd Gear Member

Anyone drive behind a new Jag lately... that's all it is with Mustang Badges... I call BS
Old 05-17-2012, 04:50 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Impact 5.0
Anyone drive behind a new Jag lately... that's all it is with Mustang Badges... I call BS
A Jag is little more than a wannabe Aston Martin. I have a problem with the Mustang being a wannabe Jag. That's why I don't think this is all that close to the next gen Mustang. I have no problem with the Fusion looking like an Aston Martin though. Ford has done so well for the better part of the last ten years of really finding the essence of what the Mustang should look like. Now it's time to take the Porsche 911 design philosophy: If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Impact 5.0
2nd Gear Member

I don't know, I talked to a Ford rep at the last big Ford show I went to and he said Ford is looking to go "European" in 2015 with most of its models.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Mike@Vossen
Former Sponsor

And once again I had some thoughts to share and see another sig here and forget my thoughts
Old 05-18-2012, 11:04 AM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
And once again I had some thoughts to share and see another sig here and forget my thoughts
Everytime I see that sig I lose my train of thought.

I fully expect the Mustang to go more Euro (especially after seeing the new Fusion). I know I won't like it if it does but thats life. I'll just build the hell out of my 09 and buy a used 2011-2012 GT maybe 5 years down the line for a DD.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
What on earth are you speaking of?

Old 05-19-2012, 12:39 PM
BoxingMustang

I love it personally. I hope it looks just like the picture in the first post. Then again I don't care about staying with the tradition.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by BoxingMustang
I love it personally. I hope it looks just like the picture in the first post. Then again I don't care about staying with the tradition.

Staying with absolute tradition is one thing.
But that thing looks nothing like a Mustang to me.
Nowhere does that say American made pony or muscle car vehicle in it's looks.
Well, I take that back... the rear side window and its hips are the ONLY part that resemble a Mustang.

I think it's safe to say that if that by some chance ended up being the new Mustang, Ford COULD lose of **** ton of it's
faithful Mustang owners that traded in throughout the new model revamps. But it could catch on with the younger folks perhaps I guess.
To me it looks like an import. And if I wanted a car that looked like an import, I'd buy a friggin import.

Luckily for me. We have our dream Mustang and won't ever get rid of it!
(Though if we came upon a 1967 GT500 and could afford it we sure as heck would put it ride beside this one!)

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 05-19-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:32 AM
BoxingMustang

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Staying with absolute tradition is one thing.
But that thing looks nothing like a Mustang to me.
Nowhere does that say American made pony or muscle car vehicle in it's looks.
Well, I take that back... the rear side window and its hips are the ONLY part that resemble a Mustang.

I think it's safe to say that if that by some chance ended up being the new Mustang, Ford COULD lose of **** ton of it's
faithful Mustang owners that traded in throughout the new model revamps. But it could catch on with the younger folks perhaps I guess.
To me it looks like an import. And if I wanted a car that looked like an import, I'd buy a friggin import.

Luckily for me. We have our dream Mustang and won't ever get rid of it!
(Though if we came upon a 1967 GT500 and could afford it we sure as heck would put it ride beside this one!)
Well mustang hasnt been shy about saying they are going for the euro look. Id be prepared for something that looks similar to that.

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang?