Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 03:36 PM
SOLER

Default Shaker 500 question

I've seen a hodge-podge of info on this system, and want to get it all in one place. If it is, I missed it after many searches.

What, exactly, does this system have, and where are all the components? I've read about amps in the dash, on the speakers themselves, and heard varying info on the specs of the amps and the speakers.

So, how many amps are there total? Where are they? And how many speakers are there total?

I've heard many complain about this system, but I have to say, it's one of the best OEM systems I've had. I've had Boston, Bose, Infinity in various cars over the years. Granted, as a rule of thumb, the single most effective way to increase the sound in your system, if you're going to just do one thing, is replace the speakers. Stock speakers, regardless of the brand name they tack on it, aren't as good as some of the cheapest aftermarket (yes, there are FEW exceptions) but not in the "common man's car" market.

The next question, if the amps in the doors are hooked up to the subs, are there others? If there are more amps, exactly what speakers do they drive?

I had a Dodge truck that had "infinity" speakers in it, but they turned out to be paper, just like the cheaper ones. The next Dodge I had, it was 1 week old and I tore the entire interior out and put a completely new system in it to include HU, speakers, sub, and an amp. I don't really want to go to that extreme with this car. I just want the most info I can get so I know exactly which components I want to replace. Again, I thought this system sounds pretty decent, but need more info.

The stickies, as far as I can see, don't have all this info. Perhaps there should be one dedicated exclusively to the Shaker 500 and the 1000.

Thanks

SOLER
Old 05-08-2012, 04:27 PM
SOLER

Found almost all that I was looking for in the FAQ section. Surprise! Still, limited info there, but most of it was there. I'm new to the site and still trying to find the rhyme and reason to some things here. Bare with me

SOLER
Old 05-08-2012, 04:53 PM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Here's an great write up by Cherod for making MP3 discs for the Shaker...

http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/ShakerMP3.htm