Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning and RWHP/RWTQ Guesses?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 04:36 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

FI is amazing with this motor but seriously....when your a cash strapped college kid maybe going FI is not the logical choice. What if something blows? It does happen even with a m90. With what cams and long tubes your car is gonna be real nice. IMO you should leave it like that until the funds build up, then go FI. If finding a job is that difficult in your area, then I think you should play it safe.
Your car looks amazing already. How did the header install go?
Old 05-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
FI is amazing with this motor but seriously....when your a cash strapped college kid maybe going FI is not the logical choice. What if something blows? It does happen even with a m90. With what cams and long tubes your car is gonna be real nice. IMO you should leave it like that until the funds build up, then go FI. If finding a job is that difficult in your area, then I think you should play it safe.
Your car looks amazing already. How did the header install go?
I'm waiting on a shorty x pipe to come in before I put it on. I may just have my buddy put everything on at once next weekend.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:43 PM
zanypunk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush05
I'm waiting on a shorty x pipe to come in before I put it on. I may just have my buddy put everything on at once next weekend.
Get a ported throttle body. :P HP will depend on the tuner. :P
Old 05-15-2012, 09:44 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Some observations from reading all of this...

Do NOT... extend yourself past your limit money wise no matter how you work it out in your head that its ok. Its not and never will be. Thats speaking with experience.
Why get an M90? If you are going to fork out that kind of cash, get the TVS2300 and dial it down. That way, in the future you arent kicking yourself in the *** because to make more power you need to upgrade the m90 to the tvs2300.

The headers and cams and cai and such can stay on with a blower. the cai would need the tvs though. the m90 has it coming from the top left so its different.

If you want an M90 that badly and are set on it, find me in the winter when I will be looking to sell mine to get a TVS2300. (Mine came with the M90)

Mines a daily driver almost (no rain or snow and must be above freezing) and mine has more mods than you have listed and ive yet to have an issue. I dont hammer down at 120 all day lng but I do nail it from a stop every chance i get. My commute is 52 miles 1 way for reference.

Last edited by xkape; 05-15-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
Some observations from reading all of this...

Do NOT... extend yourself past your limit money wise no matter how you work it out in your head that its ok. Its not and never will be. Thats speaking with experience.
Why get an M90? If you are going to fork out that kind of cash, get the TVS2300 and dial it down. That way, in the future you arent kicking yourself in the *** because to make more power you need to upgrade the m90 to the tvs2300.

The headers and cams and cai and such can stay on with a blower. the cai would need the tvs though. the m90 has it coming from the top left so its different.

If you want an M90 that badly and are set on it, find me in the winter when I will be looking to sell mine to get a TVS2300. (Mine came with the M90)

Mines a daily driver almost (no rain or snow and must be above freezing) and mine has more mods than you have listed and ive yet to have an issue. I dont hammer down at 120 all day lng but I do nail it from a stop every chance i get. My commute is 52 miles 1 way for reference.

I know it isn't what we buy the car for, but how's your gas mileage? And I may have to do that. I think I'm going to stay NA until I can afford everything like you said though.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:54 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

My gas mileage sucks..lol and its going to get worse in about 2 weeks when all those mods that are in my trunk get installed and I go to a 93 octane tune.

If I had to guess, right now I would put myself at about 250 miles per tank. The car holds what? 15 or 16 gallons? I don't know honestly. So between 15 1/2 to 17 and thats about 85% highway.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:56 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

It should be noted that, if, unlike me, you take the lead out of your foot and only use the blower when you actually need it, it would probably be a lot better. I swear you can damn near watch the fuel gauge drop when you nail it for an extended period of time.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

I get about 18, so you aren't doing much worse than me lol. My highway mileage dropped from 23 to about 18 when I switched to 4.10s :/
Old 05-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

I finally found a set of Hot Rods so they'll be coming in this weekend. I'm bumping this with a related question: If you guys don't think I'll make 340-350, what do you think it will take to get me there? That is my final goal. I would really like to go FI but it isn't smart for me right now, so I need to set a lower goal that I can achieve so I can stop throwing money at this thing! lol
Old 05-21-2012, 07:13 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Cams kill gas mileage. With my mods I am lucky to hit 180 miles per tank. My driving is all city style stoplight loving. Gofast mods oil MPG. Stop doing the math and enjoy the HP. Lol
Forget about a specific HP number. Just enjoy your car with each mod you add over time. Modding a car is an adventure not a destination.....enjoy the journey. What's a number anyway? ET's are the only numbers that really count.

Quick Reply: Tuning and RWHP/RWTQ Guesses?