Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensor issue from exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 08:09 AM
CoCo V6

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
There's no O2 sensor wiring near the rear end.
Your car would normally have 4 O2 sensors; 2 of them, with green plastic connectors in the wiring, up close to your shorty headers. The other two, with blue plastic connectors, are located past (or in) the cats (catalytic converters, that is).

Second, a burnt wire on a O2 sensor wont cause gas to be spit back at you when filling up.

Since your check engine light is on, you need to find out what DTCs its telling you. It may not be a O2 sensor issue at all, or maybe it is.
If you need a replacement, you can get ahold of a good used one for half or less than what a new one cost (send me a PM or post here, I have a couple extras).

Not to be blunt, but, if you love your car so much, try to understand what's right and wrong, and we can help you a lot more that way, and help you to get it right
I was basing the location of the bad O2 sensor off of what the dealership had told me, I had taken the car for some last minute warranty maintenance before the warranty expired and they told me that the sensor was bad, two days later the check engine light came on, but now 2 more days later the light is off, hasn't been on in about a week i guess and there are no more problems with the gasoline. If it wasn't the O2 sensor that was burnt what wire could have been burnt from the exhaust? I got up under there friday cleaning up for a car show, and saw nothing at all out of the ordinary, and now that the light is off and no more problems, I have no clue what is going on with it. The most recent diagnostic ran came back with no problem codes. Think the dealer was just trying to pull my leg and get me to pay for something that wasn't warranty work?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:50 PM
JimC

No One in the replies has been a "condescending jerk" to you. We were all trying to answer your questions and give you help. Those replies you received were all the same we would have given to any male who posted the same information. I didn't even know you were female.

And the O2 sensor is up in the front of the car, not the back where you describe the burned wire. And, it is a long way from the gas filler. The two issues are not connected to each other. Like I said, the gas spitting back out of the filler is a common problem.

But with that good luck with your car and I have no intention to bother you with any thoughts from here on out. But if you want to have a successful time here I suggest you check the attitude.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:46 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by CoCo V6
... Don't have to be a condescending jerk...
Nice way to introduce yourself there precious.
And calling a Moderator a "Condescending Jerk" (or anyone else for that matter) isn't gonna fly here either.

We have a few female members here and we love them but they are not Special over any other members and if they get out of line like you did, they'll be put back in their place just like any other member. Kayyyyyyy.

Like Tom Hanks would say: "There's no crying in MF!"

Oh, and thread closed for now...