Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traded in my 2007 Corvette Z06 for a 2013 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 06:47 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DSargent09
Just want to second and third what everyone is saying... There are ways around it but if you mod your mustang it will void the warranty
Axle back exhaust. Would that void the warranty? How about a CAI? I am curious.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:49 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
OP, I believe you'll enjoy the Stang but if you thing that it's a 4 seater you're sadly mistaking.
My best friend's wife just bought a 13 and we went for a ride to the grocery store for fun (a mile and a half trip).
I was in a back... never again. LOL.

Modern Vettes are great but it's still not a primary car IMO.
My 15 year old daughter weighs 105 pounds. So when I go out with my 17 year old son and her, at least I have the option of taking the Mustang. With the Z06, she would have to lay in the hatchback!

But I hear you. I would never put adults back there, unless it was an absolute must.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:02 PM
95Bluestallion
1st Gear Member

You dont have to justify your decision. No matter what it is, do what makes you happy. I get new cars because I like to have a change up. Sometimes I even sacrifice and lose a little money when trading one in. As long as youre happy, thats all that it really boils down to. Congrats on the purchase, and enjoy!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BicketyBam
Axle back exhaust. Would that void the warranty? How about a CAI? I am curious.
axle back - no.

CAI - yes, for the most part, as they almost all require a tune, which is what really gets you.

there is a Ford Racing (separate) warranty backed option for a simple K&N panel filter, with a handheld tuner and an upgraded performance tune that gives you a nice boost in low/mid torque. they back it as 3 year/36 month and typically force the dealer to do the reflash.

it's not as potent or good as an aftermarket tune, it doesn't extract as much power, it's really a torque thing .. but it also eliminates the 1-4 skip shift that can be kind of annoying!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:13 PM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Just stay away from anything that requires a tune, and make sure it can all be easily taken off if you need to take your car in for service.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:24 PM
UofHmustang
2nd Gear Member

I had a little bit of a hard choice like you between a vette and mustang a month ago. I chose the mustang because I could afford a new one but couldn't with the vette. I still would like one of the new Carlisle blue GS's but in no way am I unhappy with what I got. The challenger was a non starter and the Camaro is straight up hideous on the inside. You'd think for as wide as the car is there'd be plenty of room. Not the case at all.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:26 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Wait, wait, you can lease a z06? So you leased it for 5 years and still had 4 more years to pay on it, so a 9 year loan?

Me thinks you over spent.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:28 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Wait, wait, you can lease a z06? So you leased it for 5 years and still had 4 more years to pay on it, so a 9 year loan?

Me thinks you over spent.
Leased it for a little less than 4.5 years and bought the lease out early (got a very good deal to do it). Instead of handing them the cash for the buyout, I financed it at a dirt cheap interest rate.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:40 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BicketyBam
Leased it for a little less than 4.5 years and bought the lease out early (got a very good deal to do it). Instead of handing them the cash for the buyout, I financed it at a dirt cheap interest rate.
Well if you had the cash, then your 4 years of not so small payments reason was null and void.

I'm curious what the down payment was on a z06 lease?
Old 05-23-2012, 07:53 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Well if you had the cash, then your 4 years of not so small payments reason was null and void.

I'm curious what the down payment was on a z06 lease?
Not so small compared to the financing on the Mustang.

Down payment on my Z06 lease was $0.00.

Quick Reply: Traded in my 2007 Corvette Z06 for a 2013 Mustang