Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-16-2015, 12:28 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2007 Mustang v6 Wrench warning light

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Freshman4life05
1st Gear Member

wayne613 posted this already but everything you need is in this install guide

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/...bbkins1763.pdf

scroll down to the 3rd page and it has all the troubleshooting information, can't really explain it any better than they do.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Freshman4life05
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wayne613
Really?

HAHAHA!!!!

But seriously at this point this is probably what you should do, its gonna cost you some money, but they will fix it
Old 06-05-2012, 11:11 PM
thejoker62
1st Gear Member

I Know, It's funny for You Lol but Yes I accept , I'm not a mechanic Lol
And I have few Knowledge ...

Sorry for bothering you guys aha
Old 06-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Freshman4life05
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by thejoker62
I Know, It's funny for You Lol but Yes I accept , I'm not a mechanic Lol
And I have few Knowledge ...

Sorry for bothering you guys aha
I am far from a mechanic myself, my dad is so he usually helps/does a lot of the stuff to my stang with me. I wouldn't dare attempt the throttle body by myself, that's why I am saying take it into the dealer, but if you have any mechanically inclined family or friends, or hell for this maybe an electrician would work.

You aren't bothering us, this is what the forums are for, just giving you some grief about it
Old 06-05-2012, 11:37 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Reading the voltages is not rocket-science using a DMM. I suggest getting a fluke from the local Lowes, the pricier one.

Set the range to volts DC, or with most once you read the manual many are auto-ranging.even auto-switching from AC to DC reading. But set if needed.

Black probe = negative/grounded probe (use any grounding point or bare metal exposed on the frame of the vehicle)
Red probe = positive probe touching yellow wire pin contact point.

The directions listed multiple times walk you through the pin to read from, and what range voltage they should be reading. Even if you get the probes backwards, you will do nothing other than be showing the voltage as a negative value. So you'd need to be pretty hardcore high/stupid to screw up.

This is easily done by someone with near 0 mechanical or electrical knowledge.

4. Turn the ignition to the ON position but do not start the car.
5. Read the meter display. You should see a voltage reading between 1.19-1.31 volts.
If that reads lower or higher than what is listed, likely the TPS is fine, and it needs adjusting to get it back within spec (assuming no spring issue as mentioned earlier). If you can NOT adjust it back into spec on the OEM TB, then you will likely wish to replace the TPS.

Last edited by wayne613; 06-06-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:47 PM
thejoker62
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Freshman4life05
I am far from a mechanic myself, my dad is so he usually helps/does a lot of the stuff to my stang with me. I wouldn't dare attempt the throttle body by myself, that's why I am saying take it into the dealer, but if you have any mechanically inclined family or friends, or hell for this maybe an electrician would work.

You aren't bothering us, this is what the forums are for, just giving you some grief about it
Thanks For helping me
Old 06-05-2012, 11:49 PM
thejoker62
1st Gear Member

Reading the voltages is not rocket-science using a DMM. I suggest getting a fluke from the local Lowes, the pricier one.

Set the range to volts DC, or with most once you read the manual many are auto-ranging.even auto-switching from AC to DC reading. But set if needed.

Black probe = negative/grounded probe (use any grounding point or bare metal exposed on the frame of the vehicle)
Red probe = positive probe touching yellow wire

The directions listed multiple times walk you through the pin to read from, and what range voltage they should be reading. Even if you get the probes backwards, you will do nothing other than be showing the voltage as a negative value. So you'd need to be pretty hardcore high/stupid to screw up.

This is easily done by someone with near 0 mechanical or electrical knowledge.

If that reads lower or higher than what is listed, likely the TPS is fine, and it needs adjusting to get it back within spec (assuming no spring issue as mentioned earlier). If you can NOT adjust it back into spec on the OEM TB, then you will likely wish to replace the TPS.

Okay thanks I greatly appreciated your help . I will do that tomorrow and Will let you know what's going on
Old 06-06-2012, 12:11 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Not that it will get used, or understood, but WTH...

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=30&viewfile=Throttle%20Body%20Assembly%20Elec tronic%20Throttle%20Control%20(ETC).pdf

and

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=39&viewfile=4.0L%20Mustang.pdf
(Using "TP2 PS" ref values), should be right at 1.2v with key in IGN/Run position, engine off. ie. KOEO(Key On Engine Off)

Edit: wiffed on the second link...although I probably should post that same one a few times just to cut out the middle-man.

Last edited by wayne613; 06-06-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:16 AM
Freshman4life05
1st Gear Member

Not that it will get used, or understood, but WTH...

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=30&viewfile=Throttle%20Body%20Assembly%20Elec tronic%20Throttle%20Control%20(ETC).pdf

and

(Using "TP2 PS" ref values), should be right at 1.2v when in IGN position for your 4.0L 6cylinder.
just post it a few more times lol
Old 06-06-2012, 11:15 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

FYI, Where you not able to drive your car to an autoparts store? (Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, Pep Boys and etc.) They will check the engine light codes for free.
Hope you are able to get everything resolved soon!

Quick Reply: 2007 Mustang v6 Wrench warning light