Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Buying Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 03:14 AM
johnbosmans

Originally Posted by Vader GT
one more thing......just noticed it's missing the center right a/c vent. Sounds like he had a gauge here & when the PO removed the supercharger, he/she also took the gauge.
The air vent is there....its just open and the others are closed....FYI

Thanks
Old 06-10-2012, 03:41 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Old Mustanger
Keep in mind that a bright colored Mustang is a cop magnet.
No it's not. I have NEVER even been pulled over and I am probably a more aggressive driver than 90% of the people in this world. lol
Old 06-10-2012, 03:46 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
ok re reading this all, I guess they are not saying it's a Roush, just that it has Roush suspension. Still though, it doesn't. No way in hell. I mean, looking at it again, the rear is setting very high and the front is dropped. Just not right.
It's lowered man. You can tell by the side profile shot. It may be sitting on uneven ground causing it to look like that on one side. From the passenger side profile, you can tell it's lowered.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:34 AM
johnbosmans

I know that it has the Roush rear stabilizer.....saw it. Its possible that it just has that instead of the "full" Roush suspension???
Old 06-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

From the pictures it doesn't look lowered to me. Also, the add clearly says "Roush Emblems". I would defiantly take xkape's advice and pop the hood and look for the Roush serial #.
Personally, I think I would let this one go.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:48 AM
johnbosmans

Thanks Tom. As I said, I know for a fact that it has the Roush rear suspension bar. I will look more closely at the entire set up when I go back to the dealer.

The car is NOT lowered in fact the front end sits slightly lower than the rear end.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:59 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Exactly... trust me on this one.. I own a Roush Mustang. If you want to see if it's got the Roush suspension (which it doesn't) look under there for red shocks and blue springs.

To answer your question though, yes, it can have only the stabilizer. It can be ordered by anyone from RoushPerformance.com

I would pass on this one as well. Only because the dealer is kind of misleading. Which makes me wonder what else he's steering clear of. The car could be and probably is 100% fine but, ya never know. I just wouldn't trust a guy advertising Roush Suspension when it's just got the rear stabilizer.

From just a stabilizer bar to a full Roush suspension is about $1600. That's a bit of a difference. Let alone perfomance missing when a driver thinks it's there and does something he shouldn't because he thoguht the car was equipped for it.

Edit: I keep forgetting it's not a Roush and its add on parts. The shocks would be blue more than likely. But they have a Roush Performance sticker on them either way.

Last edited by xkape; 06-10-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:58 PM
johnbosmans

Dealer advertises only "roush emblems". I know its confusing....they do not claim it is a Roush Car.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:06 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Car looks on the surface to be a nice ride but the fact he had a supercharger on there and removed it. That could be tricky or not. The m90 is not hard on the motor. Obviously your son wants it bad. What high school kids wouldnt want to have that hot rod. LOL Grind the the dealer into the ground on the price.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Swat1276

Just purchased an 05 3 days ago...Love it! And thanks to this forum for great info and help. Anyway, not sure if you have access to Carfax but I'd verify if it's something you care about. I can do it for you if you like. BTW, my 05 has 54K, CAI tuned, staggered wheels, and X-pipe. Not a ton of mods, clean carfax, and purchased for 12,200 on craigslist (listed for 13,500).

Quick Reply: Need Buying Advice