Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doesn't it just make your day when someone compliments your ride?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 02:55 PM
FreddieG

Yea it is nice...especially when your driving and everyone gives a thumbs up.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:01 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Pretty much. I mean I'm driving a $33,000 vehicle and get compliments by individuals with $60,000-$80,000 vehicles. Don't get me wrong though, there are some Germans with some real tight Stangs out here.

Last edited by a_lopez1975; 06-12-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

Nice thread...funny about the drivethru comments, I was asked to put the name of drive-thru chick in my will so she could get my car.....
Not to mention everytime I go there shes like "ah you brought my car back"

Gotta love it.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Rocket Ray
2nd Gear Member

I too have had the conversation with the drive thru girl, she was a Mustang lover. I have had a guy tell me while waiting at a light, "looking good man". I had another guy follow me in the grocery store parking lot to ask me where I got my 1/4 window louvers, and of course, young kids revving their engines trying to get a rise out of me.

I was coming home from a mall a couple weeks ago and I heard this rumbling sound behind me and the wife says "is someone racing us?". We were at a light, I looked in the mirror and there was a late model Mustang Cobra behind us. I told her to hold on, she looked at me and said "You are not going to race him!". I said no, I'm just get him going. I hit the gas on the entrance ramp to the highway and sure enough he took the bait, floored it and flew by me on the interstate. I know I didn't have the juice to beat him, I just wanted to see him go.

I have had several conversations in parking lots from other Mustang owners.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:53 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I never expected so much attention after I got my stang. I actually just thought it was a mustang no big deal as we have 100's of rental stangs on the island. Man was I wrong. GT's are uncommon and blown ones even more. I love my car and enjoy the attention it gets.
Wish some hottie would flash me her goodies! Lol
Old 06-12-2012, 06:29 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

It happens almost daily I think... The best ones are when you get the compliments from the Z06 owners when they get beat by a FORD Wait... that's not supposed to happen!!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I posted a thread called, My ultimate compliment about a year ago but can't find it. I'll try to make it brief. I was driving on the local 4 laner headed back to post. I was doing 40 or so in a 45 MPH zone. All of a sudden this local cop get's behind me. I slow her down to 35 or so (still in 45 zone). He's still behind me.I'm getting close to post and he hits his lights, right now I'm fuming. Unless I had a light out, I was going to give it to him. To my surprise he dosen't pull up behind me he pulls up beside me. He rolls his window down and says, Man that car sounds bad azz! Then he begins to tell me that he had a mustang and wish he never gotten rid of it. That had to have been my ultimate compliment!

Last edited by Soldier GT; 06-12-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:11 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

yeah what's up with the drive thru chicks? AWESOME!! If only I wasn't married.

My personal favorite is my kids (4 and 7) asking me to do a "super zoom" and when I do they laugh their asses off. My daughter puts her hands up like its a roller coaster.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:54 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

It's always nice to be complimented on a job well done maintaining/customizing your car. I had one taxi driver at a gas station compliment the color, stripes and wheels and ask if it was a shelby haha. Also had a girl in a very nice '85 Ranger tell me that she LOVED my mustang and has always been a mustang girl. Unluckily for her, I had/have a girlfriend haha. Gas stations are always a great spot to talk to others about cars, no doubt.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:22 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

First trip to the city with mine, I was getting nods on the interstate. Then I pull up at the Broadmoor (swanky hotel) and the valet says "Beautiful Mustang Mr. So and So". That made my day, especially considering those guys part some sweet stuff.

Quick Reply: Doesn't it just make your day when someone compliments your ride?