Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redoing My Interior!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

You did a good job Stuart. Would like to see pics once completed. Maybe a relative can assist you with obtaining the supplies you need.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Stuart McWilliams
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mighted1987
cool, how did you spray everything? did you hide some part with newspaper or something..
I removed most of it. That would be both seats, kicker panels, overhead reading light, glove department cover, steering wheel column cover, and a few others. The middle console and the main dash piece I left in the car and just covered up around it, but everything else was removed.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:17 PM
stang06lv
2nd Gear Member

looking good, But why'd you go from manual to automatic? I'm betting the first pic wasn't of your car.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Stuart McWilliams
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tom V
You did a good job Stuart. Would like to see pics once completed. Maybe a relative can assist you with obtaining the supplies you need.
Thanks, I just finished and will get those pictures up. I ended up having a friend who worked at Menards sell me the paint
Old 06-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Stuart McWilliams
2nd Gear Member

Holy crap is it hot in there!!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:52 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

1st.. looks fantastick really!
omg do the carpet when you get the cash,

the law isnt because of spray painting i bet. its because of teens huffing the gas and getting high. i recall not being able to buy cough syrup when i was a kid because people drink the whole bottle to get f'd up.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:55 PM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

wow... just wow. No it's not a good wow. It's not even as good as a shamwow. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Congrats! Thats looks way better! I'm actually liking the contrast that the tan carpet creates with the now black interior. Get yourself some black floor mats and it'll look great! I think you should consider these: http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-rubbermats-0510.html

I have those and I love them! And miraculously, they're cheaper thru the Ford dealership than they are on AM!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

Uh I feel like an ******* for saying this... but um. If it was anything like the example shot like you have in the Original post, I would have kept it tan. I would have instead made part of the door black, or spice it up with welt trim and accessories on the doors, and dash. Maybe break it up a bit. Cause its not that tan is bad but you had TOO much tan before and have TOO much black now...
I hate to say it but it looks cheap. Before it had a short look of luxury. It also looks now really shiny and the seats look like bad quality cloth. Im hoping its the photos. I hate to sound harsh, but had to say it...
Old 06-14-2012, 08:44 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stuart McWilliams
Oh yeah, forgot to state that. I have the cloth interior. I don't know if they have any paint for leather but I'm guessing that would rub off. I wouldn't have even tried if it was leather. I got the passenger seat in and am still needing more paint for the driver seat. The annoying thing is is that the only place I can get the paint that they don't check my id is autozone and they only carry a max of 2 cans per store, which emptied several stores. I'm trying to get a friend at Menards to hook me up. This is seriously one of the dumbest laws. If I was trying to vandalize something, a hammer would work a lot better, which I could buy, and if I was trying to get high, well, how would I even attempt that? I can't spray it and sniff it because it would dry too quickly so maybe I just spray my face directly as I inhale the fumes? Hmm, Sharpies seem a lot more efficient...
LOL!! The picture of your painted seat looks exactly like mine. I am impressed with the turnout!
I agree with Antonio, black floor mats will help tie everything together. =-)
Are you planning on painting the back seats black or leaving tan?

Last edited by kevinmalec; 06-14-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Redoing My Interior!!