Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cherry Bomb glasspacks with turndowns

Old 06-16-2012, 05:10 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Cool idea, but you're definitely in for a surprise next time you get your inspection.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:07 AM
WaldoGT07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Cool idea, but you're definitely in for a surprise next time you get your inspection.
I have never had a problem with inspections here in Alabama.......Plus the car is not a daily driver......Hardly is ever driven.....only to shows or trailered......The cops around here don't really mind it either half of them have came to me at shows and stuff and asked me to start it up and open them up cause they want to hear it run......So its not like no one knows that they are on the car.....Alabama is not really that strict on exhaust and inspections and stuff like that IMO like some other states are......i dunno though
Old 06-16-2012, 10:18 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

I'm sure that just like anywhere else, it all depends on WHO you get for an inspection.

Here...technically, anything that isn't factory is actually illegal, which means factory sidepipes on something like a Corvette are OK, but otherwise not. Exhaust must exit behind the cabin, cats are supposed to be visually inspected, cutouts are supposed to be illegal, etc, etc. I had a cutout and no cats on my old Turbo Coupe, and while I saw the guys in the shop looking at it a long time, they passed the car and didn't even say anything.

Here, I honestly don't think I've heard of anyone getting failed, but then again I don't know of anyone running dumps (I had them on my Thunderbird for awhile but they were so unpleasant to drive with I put on tailpipes). They're more likely to say something about tint that is too dark than say anything about exhaust stuff.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Damn that's loud...
When I got my car it had the exact same exhaust. Way too loud for daily driving, and car stank so bad any time I came to a stop
Old 06-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WaldoGT07
I have never had a problem with inspections here in Alabama.......Plus the car is not a daily driver......Hardly is ever driven.....only to shows or trailered......The cops around here don't really mind it either half of them have came to me at shows and stuff and asked me to start it up and open them up cause they want to hear it run......So its not like no one knows that they are on the car.....Alabama is not really that strict on exhaust and inspections and stuff like that IMO like some other states are......i dunno though
Yeah, I was referring to the OP. You could probably spray styrofoam packing peanuts from your exhaust and pass inspection in Alabama. In california, if you fart during inspection you'll probably fail.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:43 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jas5
Damn that's loud...
When I got my car it had the exact same exhaust. Way too loud for daily driving, and car stank so bad any time I came to a stop
When I had dumps on my Thunderbird, I loved them during acceleration, and despised them anytime I was coasting down a hill. It was like I had a subwoofer on either side of my head just pounding my ear drums. Ugh.

Of course, those were Hooker Maximum Flows on a Turbo 2.3, maybe glasspacks on a V8 are different, I dunno.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:46 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I am so jelly of how good the new 5.0 sounds. I have yet to hear an exhaust setup that sounds bad.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:01 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

Undercar noise resonance has to be crazy loud. But I like your car anyway :-)
Old 08-10-2012, 11:24 PM
05screaminyellow
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Undercar noise resonance has to be crazy loud. But I like your car anyway :-)
I was thinking the same i had flowmaster 40's dumped under my fox body it was horrible at 50-70mph steady cruising
Old 08-10-2012, 11:26 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

For the hell of it I unhooked my exhaust after the mufflers under my GTO (same idea, dumped under the car). It sounded amazing between shifts, and had an amazing rumble, but it was just too loud, otherwise I would have kept it that way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cherry Bomb glasspacks with turndowns