Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Mustang - 2 weeks old 5x in dealer shop broken

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Colin Mendes

Thanks for the info. For claritys sake I have been to the dealer 3 times for repair for the same issue, where the third time I came in they repaired the issue (the first two times they couldnt diagnose or repair it and let me go home). After the same thing broke on the car, I am on my way now to go in for a forth time where they will attempt to diagnose the issue again and repair it again. This will be the 4th time im taking the car in for the same issue. The other time I came to the dealer was to pick up the car from repair, where they explained to me what happened and test drove it to show me everything was fine. 5 visits. when I go back to pick my car up after this repair, it will have been my 6th time driving to the damn dealership.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:19 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

That means the first two trips will likely NOT count towards the lemon law claim as it was not actually repaired on either trip. I say you need to keep EVERY SINGLE document they give you and you sign. Start compiling your file in case this problem returns after this second repair. But definitely make contact with the service manager to share your story and your inconveniences, especially since your first 2 trips did not yield a satisfactory repair.

Good luck and sorry to hear this is happening to you bro.

Don
Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Read up. Then read it again. Then one more time and do what it says if you wan't to move this forward . At this point, there are things you need to be doing such as writing the manufacturer. PS your Attorney General is hot.

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/...256cc9005da68a

"How The Florida Lemon Law Works

The Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the use, value or safety of a new or demonstrator vehicle (these are called "nonconformities"). These defects must be first reported to the manufacturer or its authorized service agent (usually, this is the dealer) during the "Lemon Law Rights Period," which is the first 24 months after the date of delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer. If the manufacturer fails to conform the vehicle to the warranty after a reasonable number of attempts to repair these defects, the law requires the manufacturer to buy back the defective vehicle and give the consumer a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle. The law does not cover defects that result from accident, neglect, abuse, modification or alteration by persons other than the manufacturer or its authorized service agent. DO NOT DELAY in reporting a problem as this may cost valuable time and protection.

Consumers should KEEP RECORDS of all repairs and maintenance. A written repair order should be obtained from the service agent (dealer) for each examination or repair under the warranty. The consumer should note the date the vehicle was taken in for repair and date he or she was notified that work was completed. Odometer mileage when the vehicle was taken to the shop and when it was picked up after repair should also be noted. Consumers should keep all receipts or invoices for payment of expenses related to the purchase/lease of the vehicle and to any repair.

If the vehicle has been back to the service agent for repair of the same recurring problem at least three times, the consumer must give written notification by certified, registered or express mail, to the manufacturer (not the dealer) to afford a final opportunity to repair the vehicle. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may be used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. Upon receipt of the notification, the manufacturer has 10 days to direct the consumer to a reasonably accessible repair facility, and then up to 10 days from delivery of the vehicle to fix it.

If the vehicle is in and out of the authorized repair shop for repair of one or more different problems for 15 or more cumulative days, the consumer must give written notification of this fact to the manufacturer (not the dealer), by certified, registered or express mail. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. After the manufacturer’s receipt of the notification, the manufacturer or its authorized service agent must have at least one opportunity to inspect or repair the vehicle. The consumer may be eligible for a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle if the vehicle is out of service for repair of one or more nonconformities for a cumulative total of 30 or more days.

If the manufacturer does not provide a refund or a replacement vehicle, consumers may invoke their rights through one or two arbitration programs. The dispute must be submitted for arbitration to a manufacturer sponsored program, if that program was certified by the State of Florida when the consumer purchased or leased the vehicle and the manufacturer's warranty or other written material explained how and where to file a claim with a state-certified program.

A list of Manufacturers who sponsor state-certified programs can be found by clicking here, or to find out if a manufacturer has a state-certified program, consumers in Florida may call the Lemon Law Hotline (1-800-321-5366), consumers out of state may call 850-414-3500. "State-certified" means the manufacturer's program meets certain state and federal requirements; it does not mean that the program is administered or sponsored by the State of Florida.

If a manufacturer has no state-certified program, or if the manufacturer has a state-certified program, but the program fails to make a decision in 40 days, or the consumer is not satisfied with the state-certified program's decision, the dispute must be submitted to the Florida New Motor Vehicle Arbitration Board, which is administered by the Office of the Attorney General. Click here to download a Request for Arbitration form, or contact the Lemon Law Hotline (1-800-321-5366; 1-850-414-3500) to obtain a Request for Arbitration form. The form is submitted for eligibility screening to the Office of the Attorney General."
Old 06-19-2012, 05:31 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I don't understand what's broken, what is it that's not working? I don't know you and I have no relationship with ford, but you seem to be making a big deal out of a small problem. Clearly the car is drivable and you haven't been without the car for any great length of time.

There's a saying in the retail business, the customer is always right. Then there's that saying, you can't please everyone. There's a fine line separating the two.

I see from your previous post that it was the rack and pinion or part of it that needed replacing. I've never had a car with electronic steering, not sure I want one. Every part has a defect % that's considered acceptable, looks like you are one of the lucky ones.

Last edited by moosestang; 06-19-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:47 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
I don't understand what's broken, what is it that's not working? I don't know you and I have no relationship with ford, but you seem to be making a big deal out of a small problem. Clearly the car is drivable and you haven't been without the car for any great length of time.

There's a saying in the retail business, the customer is always right. Then there's that saying, you can't please everyone. There's a fine line separating the two.

I see from your previous post that it was the rack and pinion or part of it that needed replacing. I've never had a car with electronic steering, not sure I want one. Every part has a defect % that's considered acceptable, looks like you are one of the lucky ones.
I agree, but without knowing the extent of what's wrong, and the OP's frustration, I'd still pursue the lemon law option. If nothing else, this could motivate Ford to take a closer look at your problem and resolve it. Confidence in a car is a hard thing to buy, and if I wasn't confident in the steering of a 400hp car, not sure I'd be driving it happily .
Old 06-19-2012, 06:03 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
I agree, but without knowing the extent of what's wrong, and the OP's frustration, I'd still pursue the lemon law option. If nothing else, this could motivate Ford to take a closer look at your problem and resolve it. Confidence in a car is a hard thing to buy, and if I wasn't confident in the steering of a 400hp car, not sure I'd be driving it happily .
I originally thought it was noise coming from the steering wheel, not from the actual steering. We have people complain about rattles in their dash on here, so you can understand my position!

I have never taken a car to a dealer because the dash rattles, anyone that does needs a good smack.

I don't think I would try to lemon law a car for 1 problem of this magnitude. It's not an easy road from what i've read. Would anyone consider the lemon law for a dash rattle?

Last edited by moosestang; 06-19-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:12 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I originally thought it was noise coming from the steering wheel, not from the actual steering. We have people complain about rattles in their dash on here, so you can understand my position!

I have never taken a car to a dealer because the dash rattles, anyone that does needs a good smack.

I don't think I would try to lemon law a car for 1 problem of this magnitude. It's not an easy road from what i've read. Would anyone consider the lemon law for a dash rattle?
From what I know, it only becomes difficult if the manufacturer either doesn't respond, or denies lemon'ing the car. Then you have to go to arbitration, which can suck.

I wouldn't for a dash rattle, because I figure I'd spend less time at home fixing it than I would taking it to a dealer. If it was steering issue I could FEEL, on a brand new car . . . yeah it's going back simply to get some new parts.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:42 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Colin Mendes
You can find my previous threads about this issue is you search for my posts.

In a nutshell, the second day I had this car off the lot, the gearbox/steering column broke and needed repair. it took them THREE visits to the dealership to figure this out - the first two times they let me drive away saying I needed to come back when they could get a ford engineer on the phone. The third time they put me in a rental and changed out the part and sent me on my way.

The same thing broke 2 days later. I am being asked to come back in and leave the car for several days and get another rental.

This car was purchased new. This is utter sh*t. Its beyond a pain in my *** to bring this car in time and time again and this is going to be the FIFTH time ive had to come in since I bought the car. I bought it on June 2nd and today is June 19th. 5 visits to the dealer.

Am I wrong at this point to be angry and demand some sort of compensation for having to drive an hour away each way to bring this car in, deal with the whole rental car issue, have them repair it only to break again? This is my first Mustang and I am probably the most dissatisfied customer on the planet. Whats basically happening is the dealer doesnt know how to properly repair the issue and the Ford engineer is diagnosing the issue over the phone. Thats how they repaired it the first time and that is what the mechanic said they would do again.

I have half a mind to go down to the dealership and upon dropping my car off to be held for several days for repair, tell them to make sure there is leather in the car when they give it back to me for all my trouble (they install leather seats at this dealership.) -too far fetched? weigh in regardless I want to know what others would do i this situation. This whole situation is wasting my money, my time, and giving me a huge headache overall.
Originally Posted by Colin Mendes
Thanks for the info. For claritys sake I have been to the dealer 3 times for repair for the same issue, where the third time I came in they repaired the issue (the first two times they couldnt diagnose or repair it and let me go home). After the same thing broke on the car, I am on my way now to go in for a forth time where they will attempt to diagnose the issue again and repair it again. This will be the 4th time im taking the car in for the same issue. The other time I came to the dealer was to pick up the car from repair, where they explained to me what happened and test drove it to show me everything was fine. 5 visits. when I go back to pick my car up after this repair, it will have been my 6th time driving to the damn dealership.
Colin Mendes -

Multiple repairs are frustrating! Please shoot me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info. I'll forward this information to the Customer Service Manager in your region. We definitely want you to enjoy your new Mustang. Have you talked to the dealer's Service Manager or GM?

Originally Posted by CAR-15
I would ask for a new car. Cut your losses and have them put you in a new ride. Bitch until they make it right
CAR-15 -

I vote for being proactive! His CSM can advise him on the options.

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
You indicate the dealership couldn't fix it right, so what about another dealership... Is there another one near you?

And you are not out of line IMO to ask for some consideration... not leather seats level, but probably a couple tanks of gas for sure.

Don
BigDinTexas -

Visiting another dealership for service may be an alternative. His CSM can coordinate with him and certain dealers in his area. By the way, a couple tanks of gas is golden right now; considering the prices.

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
...If you go to sell your car, a potential buyer might be weary of seeing such frequent car history in the first month of ownership. I know I would be.

Sorry about your problems. It'll get better soon .
siggyfreud -

This is true; I'm hesitant about purchasing a used car if any issues exist too. This is another reason why getting it fixed, while under warranty, is so important.

Originally Posted by Entaille
if I were you I'd be writing up a polite, professional and detailed log of events, including time spent driving to and from etc, and handing it off to the owner or VP of that dealership. try to keep it a one-page sort of thing, nobody wants to read a novel. their level of give-a-****s goes way out the window when it's overly dramatic.

don't go making demands for specific things. spill out all of the details to them and see if they will offer you any form of compensation. if you come off as an ******* not worth their time they probably won't do much for you.

treat them respectfully, they will do more for you. if you're a valued customer that is being terribly inconvenienced they should have no problems compensating you in some ways. if they aren't, an easy way to get their attention is through review sites and forums. : )

I went through a pretty ****ty chain of events with my car. the initial transaction was great and the problems my car had were minor, but the way I was treated by their financial rep wasted so much of my time .. I was compensated accordingly though.
Entaille -

I appreciate this advice! There will always be different ways to get something done. In this case, I'll be here for Colin Mendes.

moosestang -

I don't think I'll call him lucky, but I know this is an attempt at humor. I do agree with you about more information needed.

I know Colin appreciates all of the advice; I do too! I can always be reached by PM.

All the best,

Thomas
Old 06-20-2012, 10:18 AM
crazyassracer
2nd Gear Member

Nice response FordCustomerService. I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Excessive use of emoticons cost you that 1/2 star.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:55 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

^^LOL...