Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fell in love all over

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Everytime I get out of her and I HAVE to turn around to look at her before walking away... I love her.

Don
Haha yep I do this too.
I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when my build is through and it sounds and runs as good as it looks. Lol
Old 06-21-2012, 04:08 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

The only time I hear my car from the outside is when I have to have the tires rotated (directional treads and no t-loc) and when I first had my exhaust done and when I had to have exhaust hangers replaced. Every time it startled me just how good it sounded from the outside when the mechanic/tech tried to find the clutch engagement point.

I always look back at my car and stare, sometimes taking several glances as I walk away towards class/work. And my gf's parents have a video security system which I sometimes turn on, look at a black and white profile of my car and say "Heeeellllooooo Beetttttyyyyy!"

I'm certifiably insane.

PS: When I have to trust someone else to pull my car into a bay to get work done, I ALWAYS watch them move the car in and out of the bay and I always watch them do the work. I'm paronoid about scratches, dings, etc.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Since I (yet again) blew up my engine I haven't seen the car since April.. Went today to drop off the last parts (piston rings) and there she was. Parked in the back of the mechanics shop with about 2 inchs of dust on her. I most def had an adrenaline rush.. Da** I miss my car! Should be up and running tho in about two weeks.. Can't wait!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:36 PM
iamgone
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=Roy_R;7975378]You guys need help...there must be an addiction hotline for Mustang owners somewhere!!

Don't need a hotline. This is an addiction we don't want to get over!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:15 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

I know that feeling. DDing my GTO I got used to it, but whenever my roommate borrowed it, I always had to hear it. She drove it hard too, and I think it made me appreciate the car more.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

I've let my dad drive my car and i followed behind it, although i dont really think about the look from the rear and exhaust, when your not driving it you get a whole new perspective. especially they exhaust. that blew me away the first time i heard it, HOLY COW KR mufflers are loud outside of the car!!!!! lol
Old 06-22-2012, 08:36 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

First off...to the guys that will not let anyone drive their car, you are missing out on one of life's simple pleasures!
It's one thing to stare at her as you walk away (I'm so guilty btw), but its quite another to see her rolling along as you admire...you really need to find someone you can trust and give it a try sometime. You wont regret it!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:13 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

My wife has driven my car a couple times and it's always a big turn on for me... watching my car in action.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mayo
First off...to the guys that will not let anyone drive their car, you are missing out on one of life's simple pleasures!
It's one thing to stare at her as you walk away (I'm so guilty btw), but its quite another to see her rolling along as you admire...you really need to find someone you can trust and give it a try sometime. You wont regret it!
I will never have the simple pleasure of seeing my car get screwed up by someone else driving it...like I said..I have seen and heard all I need to... by having it on the dyno...
Old 06-22-2012, 07:09 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I let my sister drive my stang once as I needed to bring home my work truck. I told her not to floor it cause the tires would spin and she would wreck. I followed her all the way home grinning as i got to hear how freaking cool my exhaust sounded. It was a great new perspective.

Quick Reply: Fell in love all over