Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member here :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Whit3-St4nG

Nuke- i tried the turning upside down trick today and it worked pefect . I need to figure out how to drive more "friendly" or this car swallows gas!!!

Antonio- i already feel the need haha
Old 06-26-2012, 01:43 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Welcome new guys. While there are a few pretty good Mustang forums around, I've always been partial to this one. Many long-time owners still floating around, so it always feels like "home".
Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Whit3-St4nG
...I need to figure out how to drive more "friendly" or this car swallows gas!!!...
Gentle accelerations (only idiots need to "prove" they're fast); coast towards lights, stopped traffic, etc.; time the lights; keep your tires at 30 PSI or a bit higher...

It's incredible how a few stops vs rolling deceleration and not stopping can kill fuel mileage. Also, anything much over 1800 RPM and your fuel mileage will drop drastically. I can get 26-28 MPG hand calculated, pump to pump on a steady cruise at about 1500 RPM (a miserable 55 MPH steady cruise) as opposed to 20 MPG at a steady 80 MPH.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Whit3-St4nG

Originally Posted by Nuke
Gentle accelerations (only idiots need to "prove" they're fast); coast towards lights, stopped traffic, etc.; time the lights; keep your tires at 30 PSI or a bit higher...

It's incredible how a few stops vs rolling deceleration and not stopping can kill fuel mileage. Also, anything much over 1800 RPM and your fuel mileage will drop drastically. I can get 26-28 MPG hand calculated, pump to pump on a steady cruise at about 1500 RPM (a miserable 55 MPH steady cruise) as opposed to 20 MPG at a steady 80 MPH.
Good advice!! I'm still getting use to the clutch so I been killing the gas but hopefully I get use to it soon!!
The car came with a duel exhaust n cai I hope that don't take away mpg's.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:29 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Hello everyone,

My name is Irving, i just purchased a 2006 mustang V6 basic package and I love her!!
haha, anyways i just wanted to introduce myself and i hope to learn a lot about the ford/mustang community

Hey!

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to MustangForums! Like mentioned above, this is a killer forum filled with great info! Let me know if you ever have any questions, concerns, suggestions etc with any AM parts. I'm always here to help!

Shane
Old 06-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Whit3-St4nG

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Hey!

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to MustangForums! Like mentioned above, this is a killer forum filled with great info! Let me know if you ever have any questions, concerns, suggestions etc with any AM parts. I'm always here to help!

Shane
Thanks Shane!
That's really nice of you, much appreciated. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I want to go about listening to my iPhone through the stock stereo. I'm considering an fm transmitter or the plug kit which I hve doubts about. Any suggestions?
Old 06-27-2012, 04:54 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Thanks Shane!
That's really nice of you, much appreciated. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I want to go about listening to my iPhone through the stock stereo. I'm considering an fm transmitter or the plug kit which I hve doubts about. Any suggestions?
My pleasure. Does your radio have an aux button? I'm not as familiar with the base model '06 radios. If it does, there's definitely ways to hook up your IPhone.

Shane
Old 06-27-2012, 05:47 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Negative on the aux. option on the base stereos. My base level CD player doesn't have one anyway. You'll have to swap out your head unit, as far as I know.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Whit3-St4nG

Yeah it doesn't have an aux output, there's an adapter for it that I seen on here,but from what I read you have to tap onto some cables for power n it messes with the gauges. So I dont really want to take that risk.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Go aftermarket! Look into a DDIN unit, if it's not out of reach with your budget. You'll love it!

Quick Reply: New member here :)