Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oddest....post....ever! :) Humor me!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 11:45 AM
acctingman
1st Gear Member

Default Oddest....post....ever! :) Humor me!

Long time lurker, recent poster (and hopefully new 5.0 owner, soon)!!

I've made a few posts regarding what color Mustang people like the most, financing a new car and dealing with dealerships.

This post is an ODD personal situation issue and a "what would YOU do" type of question.

Here is the skinny. My first car, 25 years ago, was a 66' tang. Owned a 91' vert about 12 years ago. I love Mustangs more than women (well, 99% of them).

I've been driving a 02' Mercury Cougar for 10 yrs. Been paid off for 4.

I'm looking at a 11' GT. Couple years ago I was looking at 07-09, but I decided to wait for the new 5.0. Going for a 07-09 GT is just NOT an option....I want my 5.0

Here we are, two years later, and I WANT MY DAMN PONY Words cannot express how bad I want one. I know it's just a car, but it's NOT just a car. I've tried to talk myself out of buying one, honest, but here I am.....drooling all over everyones pictures of their rides.

Writing up a budget (food, extra gas, extra insurance, ALL my bills, a little entertainment $$, etc...) I'm left with $550-600 a month.

Single, no ex, no kids. I do not have any expensive hobbies and honestly, I'm quite the hermit. I drive 8k miles a year so this Mustang will be with me for a long, long, long time.

A couple years from now a loan on my 401k (for my condo down pymt) goes by-by. That's another $200 a month.

I have a nice cushin in my savings.

Yes, logic says wait 2 more years, but I'm so #($($*#@(@)@ sick of waiting.

What would YOU do? Go lean for a few years or wait?

Thanks for indulging me and my silly situation
Old 06-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

Seems that you have considered all of the important stuff like insurance etc.. As long as it isn't gonna put you in the poor house, go for it!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:05 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Raman Noodles are actually quite tasty, cable is overrated, cold showers arent that bad, if you're a smoker rolling your own smokes is kindof fun or a 5.0 is a good reason to quit. You know what you have to do. Do you honestly think Mustang enthusiests are going to tell you not to buy one? Do yourself a favor go out and test drive one today.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:14 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05MineralGrayV6
Raman Noodles are actually quite tasty, cable is overrated, cold showers arent that bad, if you're a smoker rolling your own smokes is kindof fun or a 5.0 is a good reason to quit. You know what you have to do. Do you honestly think Mustang enthusiests are going to tell you not to buy one? Do yourself a favor go out and test drive one today.
The truth!

Now get off the computer and go to the dealership...

Don
Old 06-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

Do it Do it do it!! U seem like you planned everything out financially and once u own one of these babies you wont regret it!!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:33 PM
acctingman
1st Gear Member

LOL

You guys are killing me!

I have researched prices, what I can afford and planning a budget for what seems like a year now.

I know I can do it, I just have to let it sink in my head that it's going to be a sacrifice for the next couple years. I mean, I can still order a pizza from time to time, but the "amentites" I partake in are going to have to go by-by!....my $150 a month Starbucks habit has to go

Anyways, thanks for the motivation.....

Another couple months of savings and I'm gtg!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

You can make Starbucks at home for about $10 per week.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:04 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tom V
You can make Starbucks at home for about $10 per week.
But then you miss out on the interactions with the cute barista's... Atleast at the one near me. Or perhaps my glass prescription needs updating...

Don
Old 06-25-2012, 01:22 PM
acctingman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
But then you miss out on the interactions with the cute barista's... Atleast at the one near me. Or perhaps my glass prescription needs updating...

Don
Cute barista that is WAY too young for me < 5.0
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas

Don
Geez Don, forget the barista. Your not gonna get any action in Starbucks. Use the car to get the girls. Increase your odds man. lol