Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how would you spend $1000 on performance parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 12:28 AM
dylan's5.0
1st Gear Member

Post how would you spend $1000 on performance parts?

soooooooo..........i just go my 2011, 5.0 3 days ago......and lol. im already wanting more power. Im going to get the BAMA tuner with a intake. so that already eats $630. Any other parts you guys would recommend?? I been looking and i dont really wanna drop $500 on the IM yet.

I know my buddy has a 5.0 with the boss power pack, full exhaust, and nitrous. his car is quick as ****. lol. My goal isnt to outperform my buddy's 5.0.......its to shut up my buddy in his ****ing SRT-4 neon.

my buddied neon mods:
borla 3in from stock cat back.
intake
wastegate spacer
AGP stage 3 wastegate

rest of the mods unknown. but he is running 18psi. His car is quick dont get me wrong but i hate how he is constantly talking **** and saying "oh i ****ing smoke mustangs". So i wanna bring the best of the 5.0 out and completely skull **** him. My buddy in his 5.0 taught me how to launch the other night. (hold traction control for about 10seconds. and hit it again shortly after.........leaving advanced traction on and TC off). So we will see how that goes. need to practice. Launch at any RPM's? or just stomp it?

Thanks guys!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

at the end of the day your buddy still drives a neon .. that should be embarrassing enough.

regarding power mods.. intake/tuner, you're already on the right track, you aren't really going to squeeze any other noticeable power out for a few hundred more. why not pick up an axle back so you can actually hear your car? : )

practice makes perfect - there are too many variables that will effect wihch rpm is the right rpm. tires, surface, weather etc.. take it to a drag strip and see what gets you the best 60'.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:46 AM
dylan's5.0
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
at the end of the day your buddy still drives a neon .. that should be embarrassing enough.

regarding power mods.. intake/tuner, you're already on the right track, you aren't really going to squeeze any other noticeable power out for a few hundred more. why not pick up an axle back so you can actually hear your car? : )

practice makes perfect - there are too many variables that will effect wihch rpm is the right rpm. tires, surface, weather etc.. take it to a drag strip and see what gets you the best 60'.
Thanks man! well its "street racing". and its got the stock 235 perelli's on it. :/ lol. when i get my rims ill pick up my nitto 555's. Its usually pretty cold out when we run (12-4am) about 50-60 degree's. and I will be doing axle backs with the rest i guess lol. debating on the pypes pipe bombs or the shop out here said he will do axle backs for $450. But we will see.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:50 AM
dylan's5.0
1st Gear Member

i wanna REALLY do cams! lol. but jesus wife would rip my nuts off if i spent $1500 right now on cams. but from when i been reading +49hp for cams?? that will def be my next upgrade after i do FULL exhaust. headers back.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I have 255 front 285 rear nitto nt555's and I absolutely despise them. if used tires were worth a damn I would sell them and get something else.

they grip just fine on clear summer days.. but even a hint of moisture in the air or on the ground and they have really bad traction. can't wait to get rid of em.

I am sure they are fine in Hawaii but damn .. I really hate these tires. : P
Old 07-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

cams are fun but they also really change the car. longtube headers should be another consideration.

anything else N/A isn't really worth tampering with. I wouldn't even do long tubes or cams personally.. I'd go straight to a supercharger.

Last edited by Entaille; 07-02-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

ohhh another suggestion in your budget - if you don't have the brembo package, some lower control arms could help improve your launch
Old 07-02-2012, 01:07 AM
dylan's5.0
1st Gear Member

I have 255 front 285 rear nitto nt555's and I absolutely despise them. if used tires were worth a damn I would sell them and get something else.

they grip just fine on clear summer days.. but even a hint of moisture in the air or on the ground and they have really bad traction. can't wait to get rid of em.

I am sure they are fine in Hawaii but damn .. I really hate these tires. : P
Yeah i mean i been debating. according to tire rack you can squeeze 285's on the stock rims?????O_o hope so lol. but maybe ill look back into falken FK452's. cuz i know those tires hook pretty decent. Had em on my 5 series. and id haul major *** around corners and never broke em loose at all. but launching is different i know...
Old 07-02-2012, 01:09 AM
dylan's5.0
1st Gear Member

ohhh another suggestion in your budget - if you don't have the brembo package, some lower control arms could help improve your launch
o really? thanks! im on american muscle ATM so ill check em out! no brembo pack just premium.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:13 AM
dylan's5.0
1st Gear Member

well biggest falkens that i can get are 255/45/18

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...%2FPerformance

so that went out the window......lol

Quick Reply: how would you spend $1000 on performance parts?