Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made the switch from 12 GT to 13 GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 09:02 PM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
I feel sorry for the poor guy that buys your old '12 GT. He is in for a world of hurt...

Congrats on the upgrade though. The '13s look so much better than the '10-'12s IMO...
Honestly I think I was just paranoid. I feel the car should be fine. On another note maybe the dealership will sell it with a warranty now.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:02 PM
2k232
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
I feel sorry for the poor guy that buys your old '12 GT. He is in for a world of hurt...

Congrats on the upgrade though. The '13s look so much better than the '10-'12s IMO...
I def agree should of left a note hidden in the car or somthing lol.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:04 PM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2k232
I def agree should of left a note hidden in the car or somthing lol.
Damn now I feel bad lol. Won't ford reinstate the warranty for them? Anyone in Texas it went to champion ford gulf freeway.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:10 PM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Time for a new sig. Congrats, you really have your head on straight.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:22 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Dude you are keeping it real. You are what we need in this country more. People who didnt come from a privileged background yet managed to do the right things and get ahead at a young age without asking for a free handout. Getting married at such a young age is scary IMO but you have done so well already.......good luck to you.

Smart move on the trade in. Keep up the good work. I like the GF's dad.....sounds like a good guy.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:42 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DSargent09
Damn now I feel bad lol. Won't ford reinstate the warranty for them? Anyone in Texas it went to champion ford gulf freeway.
Read my thread "warranty work already" in 5.0 tech
Old 07-04-2012, 10:44 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DSargent09
Wasn't my parents it was my fiancee's parents. My mom and dad divorced and I grew up poor as hell with my mom. Graduated high school attempted one semester of college, but due to the living conditions at home that was impossible. I found a job, and got my own apartment. Lived on my own for a year and a half.. the whole last year I was dating the same girl who was pressuring me to go back to school. Finally the last 6 months on my own I started back.... 4.0 in the three classes I took that summer... Long story short, her father never having a son, and knowing how I felt for his daughter offered me a room in his house. No rent, all he asked is I continue to attend school. He has even offered to help me where ever needed, and has been my guy partner in all kids of odd jobs. I'm like the son he never had for example we rebuilt the motor in a 1984 nissan datsun that I bought for 300 dollars lol. Sold it for 1200.. My fiancee is 20, and we will marry the week before we buy a house, which will be winter 2014 when we are both finishing our bachelors degrees.

She works for Nasa here in houston as an intern, and her father is a CPA, and Commercial Account manager for a natural gas company.... He has been the biggest role model ever, and I too am aspiring to obtain my MBA, and CPA license. GPA is 3.38, brought down by the five classes I took that first semester. I can't get financial aid because I made too much money, and Obama makes it to where I am considered a dependent until I am 25...That was why I was unable to go while on my own... The Government assumes your mom and dad are still helping you even after I had taken my lease agreement, light bill, and cable bill all in my name up to the financial aid office.

End of story, but this is my family. They do more for me than could ever be expected, and I love their daughter and would never be unfaithful. I appreciate every thing I have in my life, and will continue to work hard to make an amazing life for my children (one day). No kids right now.

My rant is over lol.....Back to the exciting stuff lol. The cars!!!
Not a rant; reality

You know how I got my first car?? $5.15 an hour after school for 6 months until I got 3k to buy a truck. Mom said "If you want to drive, you better figure out how to buy a car." lol
Old 07-04-2012, 11:13 PM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
Read my thread "warranty work already" in 5.0 tech
Just read that whole thread lol. I can assure you my car was nothing like that. I was just paranoid because I made a bad decision to tune. I think it was mostly in my head but peace of mind is a valuable thing.

That really sucks for you though I hope the new one is treating you better
Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Cool trade you made there. How about a pic? And looks like your girlfriend and family are keepers! You don't run into many people like that.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:46 PM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Antonio323
Cool trade you made there. How about a pic? And looks like your girlfriend and family are keepers! You don't run into many people like that.
I posted the link to pics, I'll get some attached tomorrow

Quick Reply: Made the switch from 12 GT to 13 GT