Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made the switch from 12 GT to 13 GT

Old 07-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

sorry but any way you spin it, you potentially damaged the car and got rid of it. it's easy to think it's the dealers problem and they will inspect it .. but some other poor shmuck will buy your car and have some heartache.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:43 PM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

I understand your view, but expect not to be insulted for making a well thought out move. And again repairs needed wasnt the reason for trading. The no warranty due to tune was my main reason.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

[begin high horse wall of text]
had you not ran into issues you probably wouldn't have cared much or thought about the warranty. the no warranty part scared you because there was potentially something catastrophically wrong with the car. the thought of how expensive the repairs were probably scared you more then not having the warranty. we all know what a coyote or an mt82 runs - it's not pretty!

if your reason for trading was truly no warranty, you would have figured that out before tuning. I am pretty confident it was in conjunction with the thought of the repair bills.

everyone is out for themselves. I wouldn't expect you'd outline exactly what happened during trade in, only a fool would throw themselves under the bus. I just feel for the next guy that picks up the car.

if it were me I'd hang onto the car and try to diagnose the issue if any - one hard beyond redline isn't going to be good enough to screw up an engine. typically. I tend to live with the decisions I make even if they aren't in my favor. it's a part of my integrity and honor. it gives me the short end of the stick sometimes, but I like having a clear conscience.

say someone else buys your car and runs into trouble shortly later - what if he can't prove it was tuned before hand? what if he was left high and dry with the bill?.. that would weigh on you heavily if you knew about the scenario as it pans out. it's easy to not think about since it will be someone random and you'll never hear about it.

sorry to be a downer - I can't sit here and pretend like I think you made the right choice.. I can appreciate your work ethic and your accomplishments, and your mature train of thought going forward, though.

the paranoid part of me would be PM'ing a mod and asking them to remove this thread, or editing out your own posts.. a lot of research begins when an expensive repair bill surfaces with no one to point the finger at.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:52 AM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
had you not ran into issues you probably wouldn't have cared much or thought about the warranty. the no warranty part scared you because there was potentially something catastrophically wrong with the car. the thought of how expensive the repairs were probably scared you more then not having the warranty. we all know what a coyote or an mt82 runs - it's not pretty!

if your reason for trading was truly no warranty, you would have figured that out before tuning. I am pretty confident it was in conjunction with the thought of the repair bills.

everyone is out for themselves. I wouldn't expect you'd outline exactly what happened during trade in, only a fool would throw themselves under the bus. I just feel for the next guy that picks up the car.

if it were me I'd hang onto the car and try to diagnose the issue if any - one hard beyond redline isn't going to be good enough to screw up an engine. typically. I tend to live with the decisions I make even if they aren't in my favor. it's a part of my integrity and honor. it gives me the short end of the stick sometimes, but I like having a clear conscience.

say someone else buys your car and runs into trouble shortly later - what if he can't prove it was tuned before hand? what if he was left high and dry with the bill?.. that would weigh on you heavily if you knew about the scenario as it pans out. it's easy to not think about since it will be someone random and you'll never hear about it.

sorry to be a downer - I can't sit here and pretend like I think you made the right choice.. I can appreciate your work ethic and your accomplishments, and your mature train of thought going forward, though.

the paranoid part of me would be PM'ing a mod and asking them to remove this thread, or editing out your own posts.. a lot of research begins when an expensive repair bill surfaces with no one to point the finger at.
I have a lot of respect for you after reading that, and you had a lot of good points. .. And yeah I honestly didn't know tune voided warranty when I did it. The guy at a local "****y" speed shop told me it did not void it then I found that flow chart a week later and also talked to people at local meets who all spoke poorly of this individual. Anyways a lot of what you said was true and I will leave it at that.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:54 AM
MiniD

If the dealer finds a serious problem with the car that you did not disclose, they will be in touch with you.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I would be utterly pissed off if a shop sold me on something without disclosing how it impacts your warranty.. shady!
Old 07-06-2012, 01:05 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DSargent09

And in re to the Obama thing. Only reason I said this is because I was told it was attached to his Obama care thing.
No worries. Whatever side one takes on the issues, they should be grounded in facts. In this instance, whoever told you that is either misguided or ill-informed.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:06 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I would be utterly pissed off if a shop sold me on something without disclosing how it impacts your warranty.. shady!
Can't count on the guy selling the parts anymore. Buyer beware. Best thing you can do as a consumer is educate yourself from as many sources as possible.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:13 AM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
No worries. Whatever side one takes on the issues, they should be grounded in facts. In this instance, whoever told you that is either misguided or ill-informed.
Funny thing is, that is what the financial aid officer told me lol.

Also I am always one to take advice so this thread should be removed soon. Also on the shop. It was strictly performance here in Houston. I have heard nothing but bad about them and my experience was miserable as well.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:11 AM
dylan's5.0
1st Gear Member

Dealers will fix problems with brand new cars such as these before they sell em. Even if they dont. LEMON LAW. will cover the new owner. Problem solved?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Made the switch from 12 GT to 13 GT