Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade my '10 M90'd GT in for a 2013 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 03:32 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Dude your car rocks. Keep it. And please dont ever pay those premiums for the a GT500.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:02 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Honestly, if you were there originally to look at GT500s, I wouldn't go with a GT. I think I would find the GT a bit disappointing if I really wanted a GT500 (says the guy with a 4.0 V6 ). I wouldn't pay the prices you're finding on them even if I had that kind of money to spend, so I think I would just go ahead and wait til the 2014s start rolling in the lots. Unless you're some kind of millionaire and don't mind spending that much at this moment, go for the GT500. Otherwise, just keep the badass GT you have (one of my favorites on this forum). Or like someone else suggested, if you really want to trade up, go for the Boss 302!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

The problem I have when I think of trading out my 06' is the suspension.

Because I am used to taking corners with the added suspension parts and chassis stiffening that really enhance the Mustangs balance and flat no roll while cornering, it would be hard for me to go back to a car that has some sway and a pan hard set up.

Some improvements on how Ford fits out this chassis design have helped some, but when compared to the improvement from quality after market parts, it's hard to go back.

With the power I have and can increase, all the light weight chassis and suspension stiffening braces, better suspension parts including watts link, weight loss, and big Stop-Tech brakes, I'll never see this performance out of this 2005-2014 chassis design in another car. No way. I have a Supercharged GT @530 HP(can be 560HP with 12psi) that weighs 3540 lbs, has better front/rear weight ratio than current mustangs because of front end weight loss, and corners dead flat.

So I will wait and see what Ford does with the 2015 re-design

Hopefully that Mustang will have IRS, complete chassis welding and bracing, fully modern magnetic ride control and related high performance suspension, same or better power, weight loss, real quality non fade breaking, and maintain it's great styling and a fun reasonable interior.

Ford needs to make it's pony car a fully modern performance car, with every technology advance included. Erik

Last edited by eolson; 07-08-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:16 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Antonio323
Honestly, if you were there originally to look at GT500s, I wouldn't go with a GT. I think I would find the GT a bit disappointing if I really wanted a GT500 (says the guy with a 4.0 V6 ). I wouldn't pay the prices you're finding on them even if I had that kind of money to spend, so I think I would just go ahead and wait til the 2014s start rolling in the lots. Unless you're some kind of millionaire and don't mind spending that much at this moment, go for the GT500. Otherwise, just keep the badass GT you have (one of my favorites on this forum). Or like someone else suggested, if you really want to trade up, go for the Boss 302!
I wish I were a millionaire! lol. You pretty much hit this one on the nose. I went look for a GT500 and because of the ridiculous nature of how they are pricing in Denver it left me disillusioned. My wife said what you did and that a GT500 at regular pricing isnt out of the question.

As for the car, I really do like it and I think it's a major case of new-car-itis.

Yesterday I took her out in my 10 and invented a new game. She's a little shorter and has to lean forward to touch the AC vents, so whenever she reached, I'd goose the throttle and knock her back in her seat so she couldnt reach it. It honestly was the most fun I've had in it since our last big road trip...

So for now, I'm keeping it. If the prices in Denver drop, then it may go. As for the trade in if that time comes, I'm not worried about getting a good price. The dealers in Denver at least have been good to me in that respect. They've discovered that they can make good money on a well modified and maintained car and are willing to pay for it often.

I really appreciate your input guys! Earl

Last edited by wcgman; 07-08-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:17 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
If you want man, I can take you for a spin in mine with the intake and tune. Would give you an idea of what you're looking at with minor bolt on's compared to yours. Just a thought. I'm guessing they are close but mine only has 3.31s in it however. More gear in that car would be a spinfest though.

As for whether its worth it, I'd say if you want to put a blower on the 5.0 then yes. Otherwise the 10 is a nice car. Newer body, improved handling, and a very mature version of the 4.6 which proved to be reliable. Now if you stepped up to a Boss... That might make things more compelling, lol
HAHA! What happened to no mods?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:35 AM
jpmotorsport

I'd be patient. The GT500 prices will come back to Earth soon enough. Especially as more ZL1 v. GT500 comparisons come back in the bowtie's favor...
Old 07-08-2012, 07:46 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpmotorsport
I'd be patient. The GT500 prices will come back to Earth soon enough. Especially as more ZL1 v. GT500 comparisons come back in the bowtie's favor...
Its hilarious because one dealer even said that they expect a ball player for the Broncos or the Rockies or supposedly these sheiks from the Arab Emirates or some **** to buy it "but they are working out customs issues" I don't see some sheik trying to buy a GT500 in the middle of the country when they could get one directly from Ford and let Ford handle the delivery. I told the salesman I could drive a couple of states over somewhere and buy one without a markup Im sure since weve got MF'ers here buyin them that way.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 AM
jpmotorsport

Originally Posted by wcgman
Its hilarious because one dealer even said that they expect a ball player for the Broncos or the Rockies or supposedly these sheiks from the Arab Emirates or some **** to buy it "but they are working out customs issues" I don't see some sheik trying to buy a GT500 in the middle of the country when they could get one directly from Ford and let Ford handle the delivery. I told the salesman I could drive a couple of states over somewhere and buy one without a markup Im sure since weve got MF'ers here buyin them that way.
Exactly, it's like they think we forget the internet exists when we enter the showroom.

If I was a shiek YOU KNOW I'd be getting Billy Ford to deliver my GT500 personally - that's probably a more likely scenario than the Shiek purchasing it from some random dealer.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:58 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

If I was a shiek YOU KNOW I'd be getting Billy Ford to deliver my GT500 personally - that's probably a more likely scenario than the Shiek purchasing it from some random dealer.
Now you've definitely made the point for me I'd kick him in the ***** too just cuz I could and Billy would be happy to let me with the money I'd pay him.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:13 AM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

And which comparisons are you reading? Most of what I have seen favor the gt500, while the ZL1 does better in the road racing, the gt500 on several tests have posted faster lap times. Also the ZL1 comes with wider tires so who knows what the gt500 could do with better tires, plus im not a pro road racer so 90% of people driving either of those machines couldn't push them to there limits. If it were me i would pick the gt500, forged motor, something the ZL1 doesnt have.

Last edited by stephen1371; 07-08-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Trade my '10 M90'd GT in for a 2013 GT?