Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought my first Mustang. Did I get a good deal?

Old 07-12-2012, 12:03 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

That's about what the dealers around here want for GTs. As long as you're happy with the car, that's really all that's important.

Congrats and welcome!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:32 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

For some reason, the older GT's are really clinging to their value here in Knoxville, TN. I bought my 2010 GT in January of this year for $26.9k, BUT it was brand new, never purchased and only had 116 miles on the odometer. 09 GT's here are still selling for about $23-$24K with around 40k miles.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
If you love the car and are happy with the price you paid, then you didn't overpay. For reference, I paid 25,570 for a brand new loaded GT Premium in '06. When I look at what brand new Mustang GTs cost today, I have no idea how anyone can afford them. Congrats, nice car.
GT Premium, Shaker 1000, 3.55 gears. Basically every option for 06 minus the red interior (though I don't think that was extra) I paid 32 and some change for mine.. in 05. I definitely over paid! Though agreed, I don't know how anyone can afford the new ones; well... I do. Compulsive Debt.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by mar1ne
Hey All,

Just bought my first Mustang last week. I already owned a 2011 Ford F150 that I bought brand new and have already put almost 17,000 miles on. I wanted a second car so that I could share the mileage a bit as I don't want so many miles on the truck. Plus I have been wanting a sports car for sometime. I chose this Mustang because I love Ford vehicles and I really just fell in love with it from the moment I saw it. I think it was mostly the color. Pretty much and impulse buy. My question is this.... Did I get a good deal? (I paid right at 20,000) Will this car last a long time? Below is the cars details....

2006 Mustang GT - 39,800 miles
8 Cylinder
4.6L Engine
300hp
5 speed manual transmission
All leather interior
power seats/windows
traction control
Sound Shaker 500 sound system (but I have already added a kenwood dvd deck)

So far I have loved this car. Drives like a dream. Fast and fun as all hell and she is a beauty to look at. Thanks in advance!

mar1ne
You did pay too high for it. Ours was a 2006 Before we traded for the 08 GT500 and they sold it at about 16k with about 50k miles.
But... if you like it thats what counts. Don't regret the buy for paying a bit too much if you really like the car.
Ours had a good amount of performance mods and sometimes dealers will give you less from then but then they turn around and sell them for more than a stock
car because they can use the line on the performance mods being a plus and adding to it therefore it will cost more to buy it.
I don't think you paid a RIDICULOUS price for it but I know you could have found one for less if you would have hunted.
However... a 2006 with low mileage is often going to be a hunt that could take a while depending on where you live.

As far as lasting what do you mean? All cars nowadays from the leading companies are built to last a very good while. As long as it was not abused by the previous owner and you do your responsibility on keeping it in shape it will last you a long time.

The key to making a car last is HOW you take CARE of it. Change the fluids and do matainence on it just as the manual says. Nothing wrong with letting loose on the car and making it go fast as long as you are safe and it is in the proper situation to do so.

Take care of the car and it will take care of you.

By the way ... the Mustang is NOT a sports car. In fact... many Mustang owners will look down on you for saying that lol.
A Mustang is a "Pony Car" and Mustang GT's are classified as both "Pony Cars" and "Muscle Cars".

I did not read all the posts so I don't know if this question has been asked or you have said in another post...
but what color did you get?

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 07-12-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:59 PM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

I got my Stang and had to force myself to drive my "Hopped Up" Mercury Villager GS van.
Enjoy the Pony, I'm soon to upgrade to a GT myself and lookin at 08-10 models.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:13 PM
bloodlust742

I recently got a 2010 custom made mustang gt with 35k miles for the same price but i think i just got lucky, and i love mine too. For 4 years older with not many more miles and in great condition it may b a little high but if you are happy with it who cares!