Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 07:44 AM
bday123

Thanks for the feedback.

She is Race Red with Dark Charcoal interior, automatic with the electronics navigation package.

Just posted a picture in my garage, which was from the dealership.

New side louvers are on the way so once I am ready I will post updated pictures later.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:13 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UberDuper
Two bucket washes and good microfiber towels.
And if you drop a wash pad or towel or applicator or anything that touches the car on the ground, don't use it again, ever!.
Fixed that . Washes are not guaranteed to get the dust and abrasive particles out that can and will scratch your car. Nothing worse than rinsing off the hood only to see 100 different swirl scratches because you reused a dropped towel or wash mit.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Fixed that . Washes are not guaranteed to get the dust and abrasive particles out that can and will scratch your car. Nothing worse than rinsing off the hood only to see 100 different swirl scratches because you reused a dropped towel or wash mit.
Yep and don't use shop towels whatsoever on your paint. They are 100% cotton but still abrasive... lots of micro scratches on my paint
Old 07-17-2012, 08:11 PM
bday123

So many choices out there!
Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is very pricey but seems to have good reviews.
Also plenty of variety to choose from with the entire Meguiars and Mothers lines.
Like I mentioned, I have used Liquid Glass with exceptional results, but it will stain the black trim if you're not careful.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jas5
Yep and don't use shop towels whatsoever on your paint. They are 100% cotton but still abrasive... lots of micro scratches on my paint
Do those buff out with a waxing and all that stuff?
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4LiterSonic
Do those buff out with a waxing and all that stuff?

Not by hand. But yeah I'm sure if you have one of those circular buffing machines it would all come out, If you go to "detailing" sub-forum, those fools from autogeek will take a car with tons of micro scratches and make it look better than brand new.. looks like glass. My scratches are all micro/hairline... very small

edit: not sure if you know the ins and outs of detailing but you get one of those abrasive compounds to remove a very thin layer of the clear coat. Then you use a polisher which is still abrasive but much finer. Ideally you want one of those machines to do this. This will remove the scratches. Then you protect it with the wax.. some even do claybar before doing any of this to clean the paint very thoroughly. You can spend a fortune and tons of time on just your paint.

Last edited by Jas5; 07-17-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:50 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jas5
Not by hand. But yeah I'm sure if you have one of those circular buffing machines it would all come out, If you go to "detailing" sub-forum, those fools from autogeek will take a car with tons of micro scratches and make it look better than brand new.. looks like glass. My scratches are all micro/hairline... very small
Same here, I've got microscratches everywhere. I've also got really bad orange peel on parts, but oh well, can't fix that without a re-paint.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:19 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Dude I just took my car home for the first time in the year I've owned it and the one thing that got commented the most is the paint....
Old 07-17-2012, 11:37 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Liquid glass is all I use as far as wax. Once a year I'll do a clay bar with washes in between steps and meguire's (however you spell it) pre wax glaze. Then I'll do two coats of liquid glass. Love the stuff. I know there's better out there online but nothing I've tried from any auto store has come close.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:14 AM
UberDuper
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4LiterSonic
Same here, I've got microscratches everywhere. I've also got really bad orange peel on parts, but oh well, can't fix that without a re-paint.
Probably $200 - $300 to have someone claybar, polish away the swirls and wax it depending how bad it is.

I got tired of trying to find someone to pay to do it so I bought a PC and polishes from Adam's. Haven't done it yet.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang GT