Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 10:20 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Impact 5.0
When we got outs the dealer asked if we wanted the extended and the wife looked at me and I sh*t you not said to the guy "I doubt the 3/3 will last" lol
HAHA - sounds like my wife. She's bitching about the CAI that does not affect the warranty.

It's only been a few months, do not think I will make it the full 3.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:46 AM
usnbaker

You think that's something i have a 100k mile warranty and it's killing me, my wife gets mad at me for looking CAI and try making your wife understand it won't void the warranty unless you tune it.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:53 AM
doofoo

I believe you can get X-Plan pricing on the Ford Extended Warranty as well if you have access to X-Plan through your employer..

I opted to not get the warranty for now, I'll probably pick it up over the winter when things are slow. I don't daily drive my car, so I doubt I'll ever break the mileage limits - but it would be nice to have a 7 year warranty - to cover all mechanical issues.

Even once I supercharge the car, I think it would still be a good investment to cover other electrical issues and non-engine mechanical issues (since they will not warranty it w/ tune and supercharger).

I think I was quoted around $1295 for Premiumcare 6 x 100k & $1650 for Premiumcare 6 x 125k w/ $100 Deductible.

The only thing I purchased when buying the car was the $199 TireCare Tire/Rim (5 Years). Figured it was worth it with the price of these rims and tires.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:59 AM
doofoo

Originally Posted by doofoo
I believe you can get X-Plan pricing on the Ford Extended Warranty as well if you have access to X-Plan through your employer..

I opted to not get the warranty for now, I'll probably pick it up over the winter when things are slow. I don't daily drive my car, so I doubt I'll ever break the mileage limits - but it would be nice to have a 7 year warranty - to cover all mechanical issues.

Even once I supercharge the car, I think it would still be a good investment to cover other electrical issues and non-engine mechanical issues (since they will not warranty it w/ tune and supercharger).

I think I was quoted around $1295 for Premiumcare 6 x 100k & $1650 for Premiumcare 6 x 125k w/ $100 Deductible.

The only thing I purchased when buying the car was the $199 TireCare Tire/Rim (5 Years). Figured it was worth it with the price of these rims and tires.

Actually looks like you may be able to get cheaper rates through the following website:

http://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com

Make sure you put in your email and information, they will send you an additional coupon code to take off 150-200$ from the price shown on the website.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Impact 5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
HAHA - sounds like my wife. She's bitching about the CAI that does not affect the warranty.

It's only been a few months, do not think I will make it the full 3.
Picked mine up in April and looking to slap a whipple on it in January... So we got 9 month out of it.. lol
Old 07-15-2012, 02:39 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Impact 5.0
Picked mine up in April and looking to slap a whipple on it in January... So we got 9 month out of it.. lol
Man, that's awesome!

I got mine around April/May and told my wife..."this is perfect, I will not spend nearly as much as the old one."

I am at $1300 and my speadsheet shows a GOTTA BUY balance of $4300....

No blower here... Wifey does not want me to have that much power.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Cory Cook

I bought the extended warranty too, but don't want to void my warranty if I do have an issue and they find a tuner has been installed. I only planned on doing exhaust, CAI, and a tuner because it'll never see the track.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:07 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cory Cook
I bought the extended warranty too, but don't want to void my warranty if I do have an issue and they find a tuner has been installed. I only planned on doing exhaust, CAI, and a tuner because it'll never see the track.
The tuner is one of the top things they will use to void warranty work.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Cory Cook

Yea that's why I'm holding off on it. I've got my cat delete pipes already, so I may just stick to exhaust and maybe a CAI that I can swap out if I have to take it into the dealership.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:17 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cory Cook
Yea that's why I'm holding off on it. I've got my cat delete pipes already, so I may just stick to exhaust and maybe a CAI that I can swap out if I have to take it into the dealership.
Cat delete pipes = CEL for cat below threshold bank 1 and 2 and that will be in the computer It will then be obvious you deleted them.

I hate to give bad news, but I don't think that will be a smart "warranty" move... Others may chime in.

What about a after cat X pipe for a different tone?

Quick Reply: 2013 Extended warranty