Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help?! Mustang Battery

Old 07-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Slick61
1st Gear Member

I had problems with parasitic power loss as well... drained a brand new battery in less than a week. Now, I just get in the habit of automatically shutting off the Shaker amps, AND the radio, before I shut off the ignition. No more problems.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Menace
I don't think it's a big generalization at all... not to get off topic of the OP, but these cars do have a lot of faults. There are tons of people with issues that don't even visit forums... so I don't know where your argument is going? I'm glad you and a select few have had problem free miles, I hope it stays that way.
EVERY car has faults. Don't care who makes them or sells them. Just visit any forum and you can find them pretty easily (domestic and foreign). Ford Mustang forums (not just this one) are by far (light years even) more active than any other car that I've ever seen. Still, this is a very small percentage of actual owners.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:22 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Menace
I don't think it's a big generalization at all... not to get off topic of the OP, but these cars do have a lot of faults. There are tons of people with issues that don't even visit forums... so I don't know where your argument is going? I'm glad you and a select few have had problem free miles, I hope it stays that way.
That is one other way of looking at it I agree, but just look at the toyota/honda forums. They are just as full of problems (especially the newer models) as any mustang forum is... Hell, some of the mistu forums TSB lists are pages upon pages long, so while I am sure the number of people who visit the forum argument can be made both ways- a simple comparison will show you that your assessment is quite inaccurate. JD power has ranked Ford higher than MANY other manufacturers in quality testing for the past few years so I'm not sure why Ford gets such a bad rep with some people- it's a big company, defects WILL exist but that doesn't mean every other car that comes out of their factories is a lemon.

I feel bad that you are having these problems, but this will exist with any mass produced product. Hopefully your issues haven't resurfaced, but I can only wish you the best of luck with any future problems my friend.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:23 PM
swahler1

It took 7 hours for those idiots at the dealer to change a battery. I was told and the sticker said my battery was under warranty, but after all that time and after they had done the work they said the battery wasn't under warranty and charged me 146 after installation, in which case I would of just bought the battery myself and installed it. I'm pretty upset and I'm debating on going back to get a refund.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Joenpb
2nd Gear Member

Not sure why you're upset. You bought a 2007 in 2009, and replaced the battery in 2012. Also not sure why you thought the battery was a warranty item. Like tires, warranty doesn't really cover expendable items. $159 & 7 hours sounds about right for a dealer price and service too, hence the reason I only go to the dealer for major warranty work. Time is money. Live & learn.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Alternators in the 06-08 seem to be the most problem.
They have switched models on alternators 3 times and finally got one they found to work good.

Make SURE you have them check the alternator!
Old 07-28-2012, 06:52 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The battery in my wifes '06 died on her at work a month or so back and there's a Ford dealership that I pass to get to where she works. As much as I hated paying for another OE battery, it was late, they were open, she needed an immediate replacement and it was convenient so I stopped on my way and picked one up. I think I paid $140, including the core charge so you didn't really do too bad, considering it was the dealership.

And ANYONE that really believes that a battery is considered a warranty item is diluted. In some instances, a dealer will replace a battery to smooth things over but that's about it.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:55 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke

And ANYONE that really believes that a battery is considered a warranty item is deluded. In some instances, a dealer will replace a battery to smooth things over but that's about it.
True dat.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
And ANYONE that really believes that a battery is considered a warranty item is diluted. In some instances, a dealer will replace a battery to smooth things over but that's about it.
I guess I'm diluted. My Ford dealer replaced the original defective battery under the 3/36,000 warranty.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Art161
I guess I'm diluted. My Ford dealer replaced the original defective battery under the 3/36,000 warranty.
(I knew I spelled diluted wrong; just too lazy to fix it...)

Like I said, some dealers will exercise their choice to replace to keep certain customers happy. I truly doubt they did that for everyone. Art, if you're in my age bracket, we can call it diluted or a senior moment gone wrong, take your pick!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help?! Mustang Battery