Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't like chrome? Me either!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 11:51 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I personally love chrome INTERIOR accents. It's the EXTERIOR accents that kill it for me. Looks good though
Old 07-17-2012, 11:58 PM
angryBits
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by slyter485
Interesting, that looks really good... and intriguing. How does this change the texture of the items you coat, and does it resist small scratches? I'd be afraid of nail scratches on the door handles, and having to re-do them every few months.
The vinyl is very resistant to scratches, it's the same vinyl people use to cover the exterior of the car and the texture is smooth but not sticky.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:58 PM
angryBits
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DSargent09
I think it looks really good, but seriously you are brave!!

I would be nervous as hell tinkering with something like that in a brand new Shelby. Thats one sick car, and I'am considering attempting this as well... I hate getting blinded as others have said.
No risk, the vinyl peels right off and there's no sticky residue. Just be careful with the exacto knife!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:59 PM
angryBits
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
will you make a video of the next one you vinyl?
haha it will be a boring video but I'll give it a try
Old 07-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Mr2013GT
1st Gear Member

*AHEM*

Somebody please correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the shiny interior bits aluminum? I'm pretty sure they're all aluminum. I don't mind it. I think they give a nice contrast to the black in the interior.

I've never had a problem with glare though. I wear these things called sunglasses.

Now that i've said that, OP, I think your interior modifications on that Shelby were tastefully done. Looks awesome.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I wear sunglasses... polarized Maui Jims to be exact... supposedly some of the best lenses you can get... and the glare nails me in the face constantly off those stupid vent bezels in the center stack. Maybe I'm just closer to the sun up here at 7000' or something, lol. I'll do something about it eventually, not only is the glare a problem for me, but I hate the look too. If it were brushed aluminum, then fine, but its hokey chrome is the problem...
Old 07-18-2012, 01:08 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr2013GT
*AHEM*

Somebody please correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the shiny interior bits aluminum? I'm pretty sure they're all aluminum. I don't mind it. I think they give a nice contrast to the black in the interior.

I've never had a problem with glare though. I wear these things called sunglasses.

Now that i've said that, OP, I think your interior modifications on that Shelby were tastefully done. Looks awesome.
Depends on what years/model of mustang you're talking about. Mine had the brushed aluminum parts as well as chrome trim around the gagues/vents. Some later years I believe have the chrome door handles and the same chrome rings around the gauges/vents (the boss and some other special models have the satin gauges/vents thouugh).

OP the wrap looks amazing, you should get your windows tinted (if legal). It would look killer with the black out theme IMO.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:47 AM
Mr2013GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
I wear sunglasses... polarized Maui Jims to be exact... supposedly some of the best lenses you can get... and the glare nails me in the face constantly off those stupid vent bezels in the center stack. Maybe I'm just closer to the sun up here at 7000' or something, lol. I'll do something about it eventually, not only is the glare a problem for me, but I hate the look too. If it were brushed aluminum, then fine, but its hokey chrome is the problem...
Try some 80's Vuarnets. I swear, if you can't stare at the sun all day with 'em, you can have my eyeballs. I'm not a huge fan of the way they look, and I really don't like the French, but my eyes are really sensitive (no homo) to sunlight, even with all the other shades i've tried, but not those.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Mr2013GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Depends on what years/model of mustang you're talking about. Mine had the brushed aluminum parts as well as chrome trim around the gagues/vents. Some later years I believe have the chrome door handles and the same chrome rings around the gauges/vents (the boss and some other special models have the satin gauges/vents thouugh).

OP the wrap looks amazing, you should get your windows tinted (if legal). It would look killer with the black out theme IMO.
2013 GT premium standard interior equipment includes "aluminum styled accents".

The 2013 GT500 includes "brushed aluminum accent clusters". The only chrome i'm aware of on the 2013 GT500 is around the door speakers. I don't know if the door handles are chrome or not, but the steering wheel isn't, neither are the gauge accents.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by joe95 gt
looks good!!
Originally Posted by DSargent09
I think it looks really good, but seriously you are brave!!

I would be nervous as hell tinkering with something like that in a brand new Shelby. Thats one sick car, and I'am considering attempting this as well... I hate getting blinded as others have said.
MASSIVE sigs!!!

OP, that looks really good! It'd definately not for me, but it does look good and it's very unique. Good job!

Quick Reply: Don't like chrome? Me either!