Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Panther ?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Looks very good.. love the aggressive 4 door sedans. Like previously said, very similar lines to the G8 GT. Glad to see it has gobs of power

Originally Posted by Entaille
they didn't have the money to push the brand, the brand was really unprofitable to begin with at that point. even if they did spend the money, pontiac was a joke in the eyes of the public. the only other decent car they had produced in the previous decade before the G8 was the GTO imo.

things like the g5, g6, aztek (lol), sunfire, grand prix, vibe etc all had very little appeal, with not very good reviews. the brand was tainted and the g8 had nothing do with any of those cars.
I agree, anytime I see ANY of those cars, I get a bad feeling in my stomach. The grand prix GT are everywhere and look like ***. ive had a few try to race me, too. Or when I see a sunfire convertable with a chick in it who thinks its a sports car...
But yeah the GTO was their best.. I almost got one

edit: http://wegotrides.com/wp-content/upl...V-3.jpg?9d7bd4

Is it me or do those 19's look very small on the car? Either they look like 17's with not enough sidewall, or the car's body is just huge. It's really emphasized in the rear cause of the tiny break rotors. Also they look only about 8" wide...hmmm..

Last edited by Jas5; 07-20-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:06 PM
angryBits
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
they didn't have the money to push the brand, the brand was really unprofitable to begin with at that point. even if they did spend the money, pontiac was a joke in the eyes of the public. the only other decent car they had produced in the previous decade before the G8 was the GTO imo.

things like the g5, g6, aztek (lol), sunfire, grand prix, vibe etc all had very little appeal, with not very good reviews. the brand was tainted and the g8 had nothing do with any of those cars.
I owned an early 90s Grand Prix and it was an awesome car.
I rented a G6 while on vacation and it felt decent, definitely better than a lot of Chevy cars in the same class.
I even liked the late 90s Firebird way more than the Camaro.

I know GM could never let the Chevy name die, but I was always a bigger fan of Pontiac cars like the GTO and G8 and even more so of the old school muscle cars.

I do agree that cars like the Sunfire n such were sad.

RIP Pontiac...