Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do i need to replace slave cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
So experiences vary on trans removal, but did you guys find it necessary to lower the K member to get the tranny out?
I was able to get it out by clocking it and angling it down, but you won't be able to do that with a tranny jack. I had to support the tail of the tranny in my hands with the bellhousing between my knees. It's pretty heavy, so be careful if you go that route. To get it back in, I went ahead and lowered the K-member. I didn't want to risk damaging the pilot bearing by angling the input shaft in.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Pitchblack7720

Did you had trouble connecting the hydraulic line back to the slave cylinder? After I put the tranny back in, I connect the hydralic line but then it would pop back out when I pump the clutch to bleed it... Did yall had that problem?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:52 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pitchblack7720
Did you had trouble connecting the hydraulic line back to the slave cylinder? After I put the tranny back in, I connect the hydralic line but then it would pop back out when I pump the clutch to bleed it... Did yall had that problem?
I did the second time, scared the pooh out of me when it popped off. You need to push it in further. I thought I had mine all the way in, but didn't.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Pitchblack7720

Originally Posted by moosestang
I did the second time, scared the pooh out of me when it popped off. You need to push it in further. I thought I had mine all the way in, but didn't.
Okay, when I pushed it in, I heard some click as in its fully in. and it looked like its fully in. ill look at it now and push in harder, seeing if its loose.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Pitchblack7720

I'm stumped, I got the driver side lifted up, when I press the clutch, that hydraulic line eventually pops out. I checked and the line is fully pressed in, wouldn't push any further. The reason i have to bleed the clutch is because i just finished putting new clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder and pilot bearing. Any one been through this problem or know a way out of it???
Old 02-18-2013, 04:18 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pitchblack7720
I'm stumped, I got the driver side lifted up, when I press the clutch, that hydraulic line eventually pops out. I checked and the line is fully pressed in, wouldn't push any further. The reason i have to bleed the clutch is because i just finished putting new clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder and pilot bearing. Any one been through this problem or know a way out of it???
You put the metal clip back on the line, right? If it's full seated and the clip is in place, then it shouldn't come off.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I thought it was a plastic clip? I remember I broke mine the second time I changed my clutch and had to get a new one from the dealer, but I remember it being plastic for some reason. Could be wrong.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:24 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
I thought it was a plastic clip? I remember I broke mine the second time I changed my clutch and had to get a new one from the dealer, but I remember it being plastic for some reason. Could be wrong.
It's metal, I just replaced my clutch, flywheel, and slave this weekend.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Well how about that. My brain done stopped rememberin' good.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:50 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Well how about that. My brain done stopped rememberin' good.
lol I hear ya! I'm attending college in my later years, and boy, it requires more work then it used to!!!

Quick Reply: What do i need to replace slave cylinder?