Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Contol

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:28 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Default Cruise Contol

Ok I am having some intermittent problems with the cruise control, I just finished my v8 swap and I really havent had any issues yet. Well the cruise will not work after a while during driving, push the buttons and nothing happens, fuse is not blown either, the only time it wants to work is after the engine has cooled down. It's sucks not having cruise because i have hard time staying out of the throttle with this v8 now in my car. If anyone can shed light upon this i would be grateful.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:43 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

That's strange. The next time you disconnect your battery, try reseating your PCM connectors. There shouldn't be an issue just from swapping.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:09 PM
georgevargas

Default Pinion upgrade killed cruise control

2007 Mustang GT convertible Manual Transmission
Every day car

I took my GT to Rye-Ford (they are the only local dealer that does performance sales and service) to have the rear differential fixed, and had the bearings replaced and the end rebuilt. I had them do a pinion upgrade to the 4.10 (the box reads "Ford Racing Performance Parts M-4209-G410A 8.8 4.10 Ring and Pinion"). I never use cruise control when I drive the 20 miles each way from home to work. Months later I tried to engage the cruise control on I-95 driving out to New Jersey. The cruise control would not engage in 5th gear. I later learned it will only engage in 4th gear. Rye Ford stated they would contact Ford and about a year passed. The new service manager apologized, explained that between them and their old Ford tech someone dropped the ball. between the new service manager and the new Ford tech it's been well over two months and they can't resolve the problem. They explained they "reprogramed" something and it worked but then stopped and the program would reset itself to not working (obviously I have very limited car knowledge). Today they told me there is a $700 piece of equipment they can add to the car to fix they problem but first explained the pinion upgrade is a racing upgrade and is suppose to kill the cruise control. They also stated many times they never saw this before, Ford is stumped, and that it Ford stated it is a known issue (yes, that is a contradiction). My understanding is that this is a very common upgrade and my cruise control should be working in 3, 4, and 5 (I'm assuming it should not work in 1st and 2nd gear but like I said, I obviously have have very limited car knowledge).

Can anyone else suggest what is wrong and how do I get Rye-Ford or Ford to fix my car (without the $700 extra thing)?